Dog Brothers Martial Arts
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"This is this."

The opening sequence to the first Dog Brothers video (1993):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nN6...ature=youtu.be

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember sitting down to watch that tape, early to mid-90's. After seeing the "this is this" speech, I gave up what I was planning on doing for the rest of the day, and binge-watched the rest of the tapes.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, Crafty Dog, but I'm afraid you're antiquated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7fJcMIoB8

For some reason, this video was linked from your otherwise excellent video.

I didn't even know Chris "Comhrac Bas" Clugston was still a thing, even on the internetz.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Sorry, Crafty Dog, but I'm afraid you're antiquated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7fJcMIoB8

For some reason, this video was linked from your otherwise excellent video.

I didn't even know Chris "Comhrac Bas" Clugston was still a thing, even on the internetz.

I like his pot belly and all the mouthy yapping instead of showing how his stuff is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit View Post

I like his pot belly and all the mouthy yapping instead of showing how his stuff is better.
    Isn't he engaging in a particular form of marketing? Like, attacking a popular and well-respected person/group to get attention ?

Or, perhaps from Crafty Dog's point of view...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it is a political tactic. He is using the "People are saying" bit which is quite popular among the current Administration and it's spokes peoples.

You "can't" actually go after a competitor by name without clear claims, tests, and results in marketing. I mean you "can", it is just a liability and consumers, fellow marketers, and company lawyers usually don't respond well to it.

That's why you see "leading brand", "other sexual lubricants" and general statements when doing < or > stuff but name brand references when looking at store brands which tell you to compare ingredients to a major label on the shelf next to it.

"Compare our store brand cooking oil, sexual lubricant, and and skin care product's ingredients to Nike's CocoNUTS Oil EXXXtreme!" Is totally fine but claiming the store brand is better requires 3rd party testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clugston was always a dipshit - this is the same idiot that argued practicing with live blades made him "more realistic"

He was basically a Dollar Store Vunak with 5% of the actual

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
    Well it is a political tactic. He is using the "People are saying" bit which is quite popular among the current Administration and it's spokes peoples.

You "can't" actually go after a competitor by name without clear claims, tests, and results in marketing. I mean you "can", it is just a liability and consumers, fellow marketers, and company lawyers usually don't respond well to it.

That's why you see "leading brand", "other sexual lubricants" and general statements when doing < or > stuff but name brand references when looking at store brands which tell you to compare ingredients to a major label on the shelf next to it.

"Compare our store brand cooking oil, sexual lubricant, and and skin care product's ingredients to Nike's CocoNUTS Oil EXXXtreme!" Is totally fine but claiming the store brand is better requires 3rd party testing.
    This post is so funny on so many levels, made my morning.

Coconut oil, LOL!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are funny :-D