Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1
    Nutcracker, sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,044
    Style
    BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    California Flat Earther to launch his own rocket

    My headline pretty much says it all. This story smells like death:
    https://apnews.com/9d8e5e8e9245412ab...ver-ghost-town

  2. #2
    PDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,537
    Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMikeHughes View Post
    “I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the area, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”
    He looks perfect for Governor of California.
    King without a crown

  3. #3
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,856
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    Hughes is a 61-year-old limo driver who’s spent the last few years building a steam-powered rocket out of salvage parts in his garage. His project has cost him a total of $20,000, which includes Rust-Oleum paint to fancy it up and a motor home he bought on Craig’s List that he converted into a ramp.
    ...
    “I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the area, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”
    Holy **** ... I don't even ... I can't even ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  4. #4
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,685
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard about this. A guy whose education is insufficient to make the plainly obvious observations that prove the spheroid shape of the Earth is going to light of a rocket intended for orbit. This should work well.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  5. #5
    Nutcracker, sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,044
    Style
    BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Says he's going to live-stream on his utubez, so SAVE THE DATE! Saturday is just around the corner, this should be spectacular.

  6. #6
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,770
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's no rocket-scientist. No seriously he said so himself.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    864
    Style
    Karate
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I've heard about this. A guy whose education is insufficient to make the plainly obvious observations that prove the spheroid shape of the Earth is going to light of a rocket intended for orbit. This should work well.
    He could be a strong candidate for one of this years Darwin Awards....

  8. #8
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,789
    Style
    Pumping iron
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    He's no rocket-scientist. No seriously he said so himself.
    He's a rocket magician then.



    This, I wanna see.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  9. #9
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,685
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    He could be a strong candidate for one of this years Darwin Awards....
    Does he have kids? That's a disqualification.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  10. #10
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,856
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seems a few years ago he had an issue with the parachute deployment and shredding.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in