Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So, Rabbit, what I think you are suggesting is using AI (or not) as some sort of filter that would end up highlighting individuals with some sort of record for propensity towards, or who have committed violence, for "further investigation".

That in itself, using available data, would be a huge task, plus, would require humans to follow-up on what I will call 'leads' generated in the process. Then the hurdle of due-process to take any official action against a "suspect" is going to require more human-power, probably at the state, and eventually local level, due to how our criminal justice system is set up (split between state and federal jurisdictions).
    Yes, but the human part can be made easier with the right algorithm. Surveillance can bring down mob bosses and terrorist plots, it can bring down these douchenozzles psychopaths.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get it, however, what sort of due process do you imagine being in place currently to get the ball rolling, legally. Gonna force such a person to visit a MD ? Get questioned by LEO ?
    Spying on people. Before anybody objects, keep in mind it already happens to you and not by law enforcement.

I'm willing to allow cops to spy on potential crazy mass murderers. They just need to figure out the right data points that converge with a high probability. It's not really a hard problem, but as you pointed out, the biggest cost factor is human resource. SO, you minimize that by feeding humans good , actionable intel on who to set up the surveillance van, and let it rock.

You just saw a school shooting averted because of proactive response process. Being proactive works, and it's always preferable to mere reaction, which often leads to the worst outcomes

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Yes, but the human part can be made easier with the right algorithm. Surveillance can bring down mob bosses and terrorist plots, it can bring down these douchenozzles psychopaths.
    I think it I maybe could help. I'm not a computer/code whatever type.

Certainly something that could be looked into.

I think there would be some serious constitutional issues if it went too far, maybe if it didn't go so far. Passing info to local LEO would be a good first step.

Hopefully they would be paying attention already, but, in urban areas, maybe not so much. Overwhelming numbers...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spying on people. Before anybody objects, keep in mind it already happens to you and not by law enforcement.

I'm willing to allow cops to spy on potential crazy mass murderers. They just need to figure out the right data points that converge with a high probability. It's not really a hard problem, but as you pointed out, the biggest cost factor is human resource. SO, you minimize that by feeding humans good , actionable intel on who to set up the surveillance van, and let it rock.

You just saw a school shooting averted because of proactive response process. Being proactive works, and it's always preferable to mere reaction, which often leads to the worst outcomes
    Slippery slope on the horizon...

Yes, that Mom on Patrol was fantastic, wasn't she ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slippery slope on the horizon...
    You know what I like to do with slippery slopes?

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Butter up?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How spontaneous and brave of you.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How spontaneous and brave of you.
    Thanks, Marla.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567