Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is a prime example of why ATA sucks;

I haven't started a thread in awhile. If you ever want to let your friends know why the ATA is the leader in Taekwondo suckage, feel free to let the see their "Chief Master" test there. I just tortured my daughter and made her watch this so she can understand some of her friends who train at some Mcdojos.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

I haven't started a thread in awhile. If you ever want to let your friends know why the ATA is the leader in Taekwondo suckage, feel free to let the see their "Chief Master" test there. I just tortured my daughter and made her watch this so she can understand some of her friends who train at some Mcdojos.
    Holy ****, bad improv comedy ruined by hours of tedious practice is now the crown jewel and feather in the cap of current ATA practitioners? I will not begin to judge you for the way you treat your children, but ... isn't that a tad extreme dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Holy ****, bad improv comedy ruined by hours of tedious practice is now the crown jewel and feather in the cap of current ATA practitioners? I will not begin to judge you for the way you treat your children, but ... isn't that a tad extreme dude?

SHE DESERVES IT. SHE'S ABUSIVE TO ME!?

You know what she did to me last year? I was on my way to my bedroom and she mugged me, hip toss me and pinned me.

THAT'S ELDERLY ABUSE! I'm an old man now.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just finished the whole thing and I standby comment 100%. Have you not considered she was visited by a time traveling future self who told her nothing but that you truly deserve being hip tossed and mugged? She knew not of the specifics but only of the levels of evil you will commit, sir.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Just finished the whole thing and I standby comment 100%. Have you not considered she was visited by a time traveling future self who told her nothing but that you truly deserve being hip tossed and mugged? She knew not of the specifics but only of the levels of evil you will commit, sir.
    She is in high school now and she has been coming up to me talking about all these students that got their black belts when they were like 8 or 9 years old so she need to see this stuff. CPS cannot hold this against me. It's education dammit!

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    She is in high school now and she has been coming up to me talking about all these students that got their black belts when they were like 8 or 9 years old so she need to see this stuff. CPS cannot hold this against me. It's education dammit!
    I was just saying it seemed a little over top. I understand exposing children to the environments other children are raised in.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was even a shitty video on its own merits. Literally nothing happens for 45 seconds, and nothing of consequence happens for another minute+. Ain't nobody got time for that. Jump to 10:30 to see horrific make believe weapon defense followed by a half minute of Ameridote killing moves, and cut to 16:20 to see Master Chief fall over doing a board break with the holders inexplicably in sparring gear.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    It was even a shitty video on its own merits. Literally nothing happens for 45 seconds, and nothing of consequence happens for another minute+. Ain't nobody got time for that. Jump to 10:30 to see horrific make believe weapon defense followed by a half minute of Ameridote killing moves, and cut to 16:20 to see Master Chief fall over doing a board break with the holders inexplicably in sparring gear.
    You're a champ. I gave up when he started with the staff, after the pretty ladies danced around with drums for a minute or so. I started counting how many times he would have broken his toes in that first form, but alas... it's not like he's ever going to actually fight anybody.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    and cut to 16:20 to see Master Chief fall over doing a board break with the holders inexplicably in sparring gear.
    I'm pretty sure the sparring gear was to protect them from an accidental blow.

I saw Grandmaster Lee kick through one of the boards and land a foot on one of those guys.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What happened to no more ATA threads? Discipline here is out the door.

What's the turd's username that pops in occasionally to beat the ATA drum? Somebody summon the guy. I don't do Korean incantations.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last