--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Knee Bar with legs...no hands?

So I submitted someone in class the other day using a knee bar...but I used a weird grapevine with my legs and he was slightly on my back. I didn't use my arms to do any kind of hold on the legs...just my knees.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Any techniques? This was purely improvised and did not involve twisting his knee or leg. I don't really remember how I got there either. But I want to try and repeat it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Style
    FMA/SAMBO
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, my club was doing a no hands knee bar, for awhile, but not from the position you describe.. From half guard top, posture up, and figure four your legs around one of his (ideally his top leg). Let's say it is his right, you are working to your left. Shift over that leg, offsetting to the outside, with hands on his hips to keep space. Then do a shoulder roll over your right shoulder to the left. Right next to his hip/thigh, with the lower part of that leg still trapped. Secure his upper body as you go through the roll, and he'll be knee barred, with his leg trapped right in the middle of yours.

A little tough to explain, but we called it the Ron Jeremy, or the "RJ" in polite company.

Somewhere between a baguettte and a croissant
    Style
    Yoseikan Budo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean this?

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karish View Post
    Do you mean this?[/video]
    I think not.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can catch a knee bar from the top, while going for an over/under pass. It's called the dog bar.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bernardo Faria has caught it a few times in competition.