Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre

Man big and well known names from top to bottom this is going to be a barn burner. Here's the line up.
    Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Middleweight Michael Bisping (c) vs. Georges St-Pierre [a]
    Bantamweight Cody Garbrandt (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw [b]
    Women's Strawweight Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Rose Namajunas [c]
    Welterweight Stephen Thompson vs. Jorge Masvidal
    Middleweight Johny Hendricks vs. Paulo Borrachinha
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Lightweight James Vick vs. Joseph Duffy
    Heavyweight Walt Harris vs. Mark Godbeer
    Light Heavyweight Ion Cuțelaba vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk
    Welterweight Randy Brown vs. Mickey Gall
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Heavyweight Oleksiy Oliynyk vs. Curtis Blaydes
    Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux vs. Corey Anderson
    Bantamweight Aiemann Zahabi vs. Ricardo Ramos
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly fairly meh card IMO.

Bisping vs GSP I couldn't give two shits about. It's a freakshow fight against a champ who only got his title via lucky shot and a retired, much smaller fighter with a big name. If I had to pick, I'd go with Bisping by decision via size and GSP's ring rust, but I don't have to pick, so I won't. **** the UFC.

Garbrandt vs Dillashaw is the best fight on this card. Dillashaw is great, but Garbrandt's the better striker IMO and is likely to land some big hits. I'll take Garbrandt by TKO, but it should be exciting.

Joanna vs Namajunas is a **** matchup. Joey J is miles ahead of Namajunas in every category that matters - I'll take JJ by fairly easy TKO.

I am not too familiar with Masvidal, so cannot comment. Keep getting him confused with other fighters.

Hendricks is on his way out. Loss by decision.

And why is OSP on the prelims? He's a great fighter.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Frankly fairly meh card IMO.

Bisping vs GSP I couldn't give two shits about. It's a freakshow fight against a champ who only got his title via lucky shot and a retired, much smaller fighter with a big name. If I had to pick, I'd go with Bisping by decision via size and GSP's ring rust, but I don't have to pick, so I won't. **** the UFC.

Garbrandt vs Dillashaw is the best fight on this card. Dillashaw is great, but Garbrandt's the better striker IMO and is likely to land some big hits. I'll take Garbrandt by TKO, but it should be exciting.

Joanna vs Namajunas is a **** matchup. Joey J is miles ahead of Namajunas in every category that matters - I'll take JJ by fairly easy TKO.

I am not too familiar with Masvidal, so cannot comment. Keep getting him confused with other fighters.

Hendricks is on his way out. Loss by decision.

And why is OSP on the prelims? He's a great fighter.
    Ok first of all, no such thing as lucky shots. Bisping meant to punch Rockhold, and he did. Also, freakshow is a bit over the top. GSP is a former champ who never lost his title, now stepping up to a larger division. Was Penn vs Hughes a freakshow? It's a big fight, with one of our old heroes returning. Be happy.

Dillishaw is going to defeat Garbrandt convincingly, you heard it here first folks.

Joanna Champion has looked great, but I've loved Thug Rose since back when Cagepotato was a thing. If she can make it ugly, Thug can for sure get the upset.

How can you not be familiar with Masdival? Dude fought in Bodog, Pride, EliteXC, backyards, and Bellator. He's a no belt legend dude. Doo u eeeben UFC?

Agreed, never liked Hendricks and now he's declining.

OSP fights either suck or he loses, that's why.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penn had utterly smoked the most promising competitors in a much more anaemic weight class than MW is today and was a divine asskicker. Bisping's a gatekeeper who lucked out against a champion who'd skullfucked him in a previous fight and thus failed to take him seriously. Lucky shots are absolutely a thing if they occur early on in the fight and you could make the very compelling argument that the shottee would beat the piss out of the shooter 9 times out of 10, which is absolutely the case with Bisping vs Rockhold.

I've UFCed pretty hard since about 2003. Not familiar with Masvidal. I think I keep confusing him with somebody else with a Hispanic surname /racist.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Penn had utterly smoked the most promising competitors in a much more anaemic weight class than MW is today and was a divine asskicker. Bisping's a gatekeeper who lucked out against a champion who'd skullfucked him in a previous fight and thus failed to take him seriously. Lucky shots are absolutely a thing if they occur early on in the fight and you could make the very compelling argument that the shottee would beat the piss out of the shooter 9 times out of 10, which is absolutely the case with Bisping vs Rockhold.

I've UFCed pretty hard since about 2003. Not familiar with Masvidal. I think I keep confusing him with somebody else with a Hispanic surname /racist.
    You might remember in the early Bellator days, when Masdival got inverted triangle choked unconscious? It was a big deal at the time.

I think Bisping's skills are constantly undersold. I think he wins any matchup with Rockhold where he doesn't end up in a bottom grappling position.

Style
    Bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think gsp will win. He hasnt fought in years. The trend has been for big names, if they spend a year or more not fighting then return and lose. Training for competition and then competing with the desire of winning is different than just training. Anything can happen but bisping has kept his gears greased. Not to mention the weight class they are at. Didnt gsp say he woukd drop down again after this fight? Why waste everyones time with this ****.

Joanna is queen of her division. She has outclassed everyone. Karolina did better than everyone else but still wasnt enough.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will GSP be wearing his signature gi or his signature vaseline?? I never thought I would say this, but I hope Bisping wins.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oleksiy Oliynyk has been fighting forever.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never count GSP out.
    Just sayin.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thug Rose! What the **** did i say?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last