Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I trained TKD for 12 years and only wound up as a red belt(they didn't give black belts to kids back then).

I trained in the American Freestyle Tae Kwan Do Muk Do Kwan Academy directly under Master Roy Wade, who was under Grand Master Charles Graham. Was the training hardcore? Well if you were a teen you were expected to start full contact at green belt(6th Gup) in order to advance, though pre-teens could reach purple belt(5th gup) without full contact. After that it was a combo of TKD and kickboxing... So I would say kinda hard core. I mean, in all honesty, drilling things like stretch kicks and reverse punches still seems like a waste of training time.
    Typical M-W-F class schedule would go Forms on monday, Self-defense(aka 3 step fighting) on Weds and Sparring on Fri(tappy point sparring mostly, though the full contact stuff got a bit rougher) which were open to all belt levels. Tues and Thurs were full contact kick boxing classes with drills and bag work on Tues and more of the same on Thurs with ever other Thurs being full contact kick boxing sparring.

I could have done worse for an initial striking art to be honest, but I know from experience that straight boxing, kickboxing or MT would have been better.
    Understood but irrelevant (you were 5?) The Mu Do Kwan school here doesn't do any contact, which I found interesting.

On a side not I consider kids "adults" by the age of 16 for the sake of getting a blackbelt.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Understood but irrelevant (you were 5?) The Mu Do Kwan school here doesn't do any contact, which I found interesting.

On a side not I consider kids "adults" by the age of 16 for the sake of getting a blackbelt.
    I started when I was 5yes, quit when I was 17, as I was wrestling year round then both in High School and with a club so just didn't have time. IIRC you could get a Red belt(2 Gup) as early as 15 or 16(which would allow you to open a school in their affiliation back then), minimum time in grade was 1 yr at 2Gup, then 2yrs at First Gup, then a Black belt if you had the ability and tested for it.

My point was(and thus the relevancy) that not all TKD is created equal, and not all ITF clubs are created equal. While TKD may be known for the McDojo in the US that's a really broad brush to paint all TKD schools with. For further relevancy, ITF in Israel does not seem to be significantly any different that ITF in the US. Kids still get black belts in most clubs within just 3 years, and the adults still think they are hardcore fighters.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    ITF world champ pissing on a Kyokushin fighter, open tournament

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9TkOFqQet0
    Lots of edits though.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lmao.. Dumbass conspiracy theorists. Yeah, I faked a Swedish IP adress and travelled past the US to Canada.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lmao.. Dumbass conspiracy theorists. Yeah, I faked a Swedish IP adress and travelled past the US to Canada.
    The only cure for conspiracy theories is verifiable facts. And you continue to fail to deliver any.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lmao.. Dumbass conspiracy theorists. Yeah, I faked a Swedish IP adress
    Ahhhh the good ole "attack basic factual information about technology to show even more ignorance on topics outside of the MA topics you have already made an ass out of yourself with (people use VPN's all the time, literally all the time) instead of simply providing the information requested (links or video of your Real TKD) approach".

Let's see how that works out for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love you guys. I don't think y'all could even point to Sweden on a map. One of your presidential candidates thought Africa was a country. People in Sweden laugh at Americans geography knowledge, not limited to people in power.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love you guys. I don't think y'all could even point to Sweden on a map. One of your presidential candidates thought Africa was a country. People in Sweden laugh at Americans geography knowledge, not limited to people in power.
    Ahhhh the good ole "attack with a broad brush in an attempt to distract from your own stupidity and hopefully draw attention away all the bullshit claims you have made without evidence" method.

Let's see how that works out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am German and have actually been there several times (up to Kiruna). So much for dumbassing. You still did not deliver even a grain of support for you claims...

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love you guys. I don't think y'all could even point to the Islamic Republic of Sweden on a map. One of your presidential candidates thought Africa was a country. People in Sweden laugh at Americans geography knowledge, not limited to people in power.
    FTFY.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last