Page 5 of 8 First 12345678 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Taekwondo gets so much more **** than traditional Karate styles?
    To back up my point earlier http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...7312&p=2955536 that is why it seems like TKD gets **** on. You guys and gals play tappy tappy happy foot tag and reverse punch and think you are fighters. Karateka in shitty schools tend to know where they are at and do it because they like it and have fun and don't think they are fighters... usually ... of course there is always the delusional fucker trying to make a buck and pull the wool over your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hasn't got to do with training though. The founder of Aikido removed anything of practicality from jujitsu. That's why you don't see any aikido black belt knowing submissions.. Doesn't matter if it' hard training or not, Aikido fundamentally=Useless.

It's as if I took everything from Karate besides kicking and punching, but left in some sweeps and joint manipulation. That's exactly what Aikido is by the way of analogy
    Not sure if serious...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TAEKWONDO is fucking infamously poor in the US. It's the motherland of Mcdojos and 5 year old black belts. ATA was their crowning achievement but ITF is not far behind. ITF in Russia on the other hand is tougher.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TAEKWONDO is fucking infamously poor in the US. It's the motherland of Mcdojos and 5 year old black belts. ATA was their crowning achievement but ITF is not far behind. ITF in Russia on the other hand is tougher.
    And you are from?

Practicing where? You still haven't given any information about your place. Until then your opinion and experience means diddly squat.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Traditional Karate guys strike air and have non contact sparring. How on earth is that more effective training? TKD guys at least hit **** and train power.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Swedish nation has shitty ITF schools too. No doubt about that. But nothing beats US TKD
    Last edited by Heuristic; 11/07/2017 12:53pm at .

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Traditional Karate guys strike air and have non contact sparring. How on earth is that more effective training? TKD guys at least hit **** and train power.
    Just two points: WKF tournaments include kumite (!) and most styles include pads, bags, and mitts, conditioning, weapons, and even grappling in their training. Depending on your partner, you go up to full contact in sparring.

Not every dojo of karate is full shotokan.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right. So we're in agreement. ITF taekwondo sucks and everybody who practices it couldn't fight their way out of a preschool.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Russian systema flavored TKD. I can't think of a more deluded cluster of stupid. You have any video To back up your claim of having Teeh Real TKD?

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    And you are from?

Practicing where? You still haven't given any information about your place. Until then your opinion and experience means diddly squat.
    He/she is nothing but a troll. More than likely doesn't even train on any serious level based on the content of the posts. Oh and his IP matches his swedish claim... but we know how easy it is to manipulate that info
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Koryu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you know dick about karate. Good for you.

Page 5 of 8 First 12345678 Last