Page 4 of 8 First 12345678 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You trained in a US ITF school, right? The most shittiest nation in the world for TKD. I did not train in the US. ITF in the US stinks.

  2. #32
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,778
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    Wow, a Japanese ITF champion. Those Japans sure do dominate the ITF free fighting competitions... NOT.

    One of many ITF fighter vs Muay Thai wins, in Muay Thai no less
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHJGGscVdCo
    Have you had any MT fights/wins mr red belt?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ITF world champ pissing on a Kyokushin fighter, open tournament

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9TkOFqQet0

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Random ITF fighter breaks Kickboxers nose

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=62s&v=rFi8nbzM4Ek

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hasn't got to do with training though. The founder of Aikido removed anything of practicality from jujitsu. That's why you don't see any aikido black belt knowing submissions.. Doesn't matter if it' hard training or not, Aikido fundamentally=Useless.

    It's as if I took everything from Karate besides kicking and punching, but left in some sweeps and joint manipulation. That's exactly what Aikido is by the way of analogy
    Last edited by Heuristic; 11/07/2017 6:15am at .

  6. #36
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,500
    Style
    Jits
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems someone is after the "Dumbass of the Month" award.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    70
    Style
    Judo
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    It hasn't got to do with training though. The founder of Aikido removed anything of practicality from jujitsu. That's why you don't see any aikido black belt knowing submissions.. Doesn't matter if it' hard training or not, Aikido fundamentally=Useless.

    It's as if I took everything from Karate besides kicking and punching, but left in some sweeps and joint manipulation. That's exactly what Aikido is by the way of analogy
    I would have loved seeing you in a fight with any of the first generation senseis of Aikido. I am pretty sure you would have been destroyed. Just because people don't understand that Aikido usually was trained by people who had their fights when try were younger doesn't mean it's craps for what it was trained originally: Improving tai sabaki and better flow by focus on that.

    (Btw I never trained Aikido myself, still feeling too young for that)

    Posting random YouTube videos for "proof" is even more idiotic. If there was an army of totally deadly ITF fighting machines out there, someone would have made some millions in the UFC with it.

    The story of "he might accidentally kill you in sparring" is even more laughable. Anyone proficient in martial arts knows that if someone hurts you badly in this manner, it is lack of control, which in turn is a sign for him not being as good as he claims to be

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    528
    Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    taekwondo is just watered-down kyokushin karate. there is no holy grail of taekwondo (by going to korea or whatever), get over it

    Quote Originally Posted by Falenay View Post
    Just because people don't understand that Aikido usually was trained by people who had their fights when try were younger doesn't mean it's craps for what it was trained originally: Improving tai sabaki and better flow by focus on that.
    sadly, the only thing people can do to make aikido work is to cherry-pick its individual qualities or techniques (e.g. wristlock: every wristlock done by an aikidoka is aikido, even though said aikidoka has a single lesson under his belt and it was done during a bjj roll, meaning it was done lying down with no tai sabaki whatsoever).

    when ueshiba de-egged aikido (better word for castrated), he locked the secret to making it work, forcing the future generations to accept a shitty package without the knowledge on how to unlock it.

    funakoshi tried to do the same with karate. fortunately, motobu was there to give the key.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,247
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    You trained in a US ITF school, right? The most shittiest nation in the world for TKD. I did not train in the US. ITF in the US stinks.
    Your statement makes no sense. You double down on your arrogance by insulting an entire country? That's the same mistake you made before. I disagree that ITF training is what you described, because you can't speak for all ITF schools.

    By your logic I can say everybody in your country is a fucking idiot with their head stuck up their ass.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    70
    Style
    Judo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Your statement makes no sense. You double down on your arrogance by insulting an entire country? That's the same mistake you made before. I disagree that ITF training is what you described, because you can't speak for all ITF schools.

    By your logic I can say everybody in your country is a fucking idiot with their head stuck up their ass.
    In philosophy, this is called "Ramsey's ladder". It is happening when faced with skepticism and all your replies come down to "but it REALLY is that way" or "but IN REALITY, this is x and not y".

    A lecturer of mine called it arguing with "table thumping".

    Not to mention, it is irrational. It is dismissing counter-arguments by proclaiming better knowledge of what it means to fall under a term.

    So you obviously are not in possession of a "real" ITF degree as soon as it is achieved in the US, because he knows better what it means to have a real ITF degree than the ITF does. And that despite the fact that it was mostly South-Korean ITF masters that introduced and trained TKD in the US.

Page 4 of 8 First 12345678 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in