Page 3 of 8 First 1234567 ... Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    Wrong. It is Japanese jujitsu, meaning little to no groundgame submissions (unlike Judo and BJJ),
    Japanese JuJitsu =JJJ. Which is what I said.
    just useless joint lock fluff and throws. Anybody who did Japanese jujitsu in the 80s will tell you that it has limited to no groundgame submissions.
    You're both wrong and right. There was a plethora of shitty JJJ in the 80's that is not what JJJ was about. Everything in Judo came from JJJ.
    And Aikido is basically watered down Japanese jujitsu.
    Shittily trained JJJ. Just like I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I'm a red belt in ITF. The transition to WAKO Kickboxing rules is pretty smooth, as many ITF guys have shown.
    Last edited by Heuristic; 11/06/2017 9:58pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not true. The Karate bashing is not nearly as bad as against TKD. Now, I know plenty of TKD schools lack quality control but at the end of the day, kicking and punching can never be ineffective. My TKD school does NOT waste time on the flashy stuff at all. Is TKD the most effective? Hell no! But traditional Karate is just as bad.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    As an ITF blackbelt I would like to disagree with you.
    And I'm a red belt in ITF. The transition to WAKO Kickboxing rules is pretty smooth, as many ITF guys have shown.
    I was worried, for a sec, that he wouldn't take the bait, and we'd have to lament Omega's transition to affability. Go get 'em, Omega!

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not true. The Karate bashing is not nearly as bad as against TKD.
    Butt Hurt Karate Guys™ tend not to show up online talking all that good yummy talk.
    Now, I know plenty of TKD schools lack quality control but at the end of the day, kicking and punching can never be ineffective.
    I want you think about what you just said then ridgehand yourself in the throat for your crimes against reality and logic.
    My TKD school does NOT waste time on the flashy stuff at all. Is TKD the most effective? Hell no! But traditional Karate is just as bad.
    I am glad you haz teh re4l TKD. It is always refreshing to see such shining examples of Martial Excellency, this is of course dependant on a link to this awesome sauce barebones no nonsense TKD school. Preferably one with a gallery and some video.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not true. The Karate bashing is not nearly as bad as against TKD. Now, I know plenty of TKD schools lack quality control but at the end of the day, kicking and punching can never be ineffective. My TKD school does NOT waste time on the flashy stuff at all. Is TKD the most effective? Hell no! But traditional Karate is just as bad.
    Wasting time on flashy stuff might not be common in your dojang but its very common in tkd. Definitely more so than karate in general. Lame strip mall daycare karate gets plenty of **** around here.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can disagree all you want, you're still wrong.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that I'm done teaching for the night let me take the time to properly answer your dumbfuck of an answer. Seriously dude, your school may train a certain way (good for you if that's true) but that is not representative of all Taekwondo, let alone ITF Taekwondo. Are you seriously going to compare your red belt to my 2nd dan blackbelt? How stupid is that? I'm also a former professional kickboxer and currently own a mma gym that trains active fighters. How arrogant can you be?

If you want to open up a discussion then do it in constructive way, don't come in here thinking that you know what you're talking about. If you would have come in qualifying your remarks as something like

"My ITF style school uses kickboxing rules for sparring and we do fairly hard sparring, with focus mitt drills and not a lot of emphasis on forms..."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, a Japanese ITF champion. Those Japans sure do dominate the ITF free fighting competitions... NOT.

One of many ITF fighter vs Muay Thai wins, in Muay Thai no less
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHJGGscVdCo

Page 3 of 8 First 1234567 ... Last