Page 6 of 10 First ... 2345678910 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    And Anderson Silva kissing ass when trying to get into the Olympics does not prove ****. His style was not Taekwondo the majority of the time.
    Write him an email about it. It is your word against his and considering your track record ... *shrugs*

Isn't it about your bed time? You have school tomorrow right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have a WAKO style Kickboxing gym beside our boxing gym so I will actually visit and see if I can dominate them in their own rule set,. I am used to kicks since my TKD days but will only use my boxing for arguments sake. I think they will get shell-shocked by the boxing combos, just like the TKD guys in my club. And with no low kicks allowed I can take my time.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Anderson Silva kissing ass when trying to get into the Olympics does not prove ****. His style was not Taekwondo the majority of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic
    Andersson Silva and Lyoto Machida did not face pro boxers. Their feats in MMA is irrelevant to the discussion. A high level pro boxer would destroy both in freestyle stand up. Especially from the golden eras of boxing

First of all, S O U R C E!!!!, second of all, no, no they wouldn't. As evidenced by the fact that they DON'T do that when they come in to MMA or K1 arenas, especially K1.

There are plenty of pro, and former pro, boxers in MMA and K1. And while they tend to have pretty good stand-up, they aren't destroying anybody that is close to them in training time and experience level.

Rulesets matter. Conor McGregor never had a chance against Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. If it were kickboxing or MMA though, Floyd would have kissed the canvas.

Boxing is a great art, but boxers learned a long time ago not to go in to other arenas and start throwing weight around, I.E. Art Jimmerson, James Toney... etc.
    Doesn't work out for them.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have a WAKO style Kickboxing gym beside our boxing gym so I will actually visit and see if I can dominate them in their own rule set,. I am used to kicks since my TKD days but will only use my boxing for arguments sake. I think they will get shell-shocked by the boxing combos, just like the TKD guys in my club. And with no low kicks allowed I can take my time.
    If you actually do this, I REALLY want to see the video of it.
    PLEASE.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro boxers don't compete in MMA!

The pro boxers in K1 like Mercer were washed up/old and only in there for the paycheck. And he was even older when he Koed TIM SYLVIA with one punch

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro boxers don't compete in MMA!

The pro boxers in K1 like Mercer were washed up/old and only in there for the paycheck. And he was even older when he Koed TIM SYLVIA with one punch
    If what you are saying was even partially true then any pro boxer could clean house in MMA simply by adding some decent anti-grappling. I think with the money involved at least ONE would have done this by now.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure you would. They might not accept the offer though. The guy I asked said he would probably get steamrolled after his kick lands:") poor guy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No they wouldn't. It would just look like Randy Couture vs James Toney. Quick single or double leg takedown and then it's a wrap for the MMA guy.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like your version of the "sincere poster who made a fool of himself and who is now actively trying to troll in order to distract from his earlier post history" approach. It isn't working but it was a nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    that doesn't matter much, your leg will cramp up completely because of the lowkicks regardless. Wasn't there a throwdown where someone's arm got broken with a kick (yes and wearing leg protectors)? .
    If it's the video I'm thinking of, Whiteshark was one of the involved parties.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Page 6 of 10 First ... 2345678910 Last