Page 3 of 10 First 1234567 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train both Western Boxing and ITF TaekwonDo. I don't compete in either one. I never said Muay thai guys can't kick high but I don't think they are the best at it. Kyoukushin guys are.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and there is nothing wrong with being ignorant.
    That just means you don't know something. It is willful ignorance and pretending to know something when you don't that is the problem.

Just an FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    I train both Western Boxing and ITF TaekwonDo. I don't compete in either one.
    So you have no clue what you are talking about. You just punch and kick pads and bags and remain untested in the arts you have been touting as effective.
    I never said Muay thai guys can't kick high but I don't think they are the best at it. Kyoukushin guys are.
    I quoted your exact words no need to change the vibe of them now.

"Best" is very much situational. MT, for instance, gets the **** kicked out of it in TKD tourneys. They are usually disqualified for excessive contact or lose on points to flippy kicks. That doesn't make TKD "best" by any means except at TKD tourneys. TKD guys usually suck ass in log splitting and pie eating contests.

Kyokushin Karate is pretty nice, it is something I have always wanted to do but only have a general book/video learning experience with :( .
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The **** dude? Guys spar no matter if they compete or not. And we have the same conditioning as well. Boxing is boxing.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The **** dude? Guys spar no matter if they compete or not. And we have the same conditioning as well. Boxing is boxing.
    Sparring /= fighting or testing especially in the same gym/dojang you train in. They have lots of motive to keep you happy and not break your jaw.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train boxing in a boxing gym. I don't think gloves under 14 Oz are allowed in sparring. In Karate schools they have like 6-8 Oz because the contact level is low.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train boxing in a boxing gym. I don't think gloves under 14 Oz are allowed in sparring.
    You are correct in most gyms they use 14-16 oz gloves sometimes even fluffier ones to spar. Sometimes you will have gyms who have fights and exhibitions with their own guys banging it out for charity or fun.
    In Karate schools they have like 6-8 Oz because the contact level is low.
    Depends on the dojo. Many dojos are bare knuckle and light contact, others are bare knuckle and full contact, others still wear speciality gloves which range from 6-8 ounces and go light contact, but wait others beyond that wear the same gloves and train medium-hard contact.

Most TKD schools wear those stupid foam get ups, chest protectors, instep guards, helmets and other gear but only train at less than medium contact which I guess using your logic would make them even less effective than the karate schools you are disparaging with the 8oz gloves...

You see what I mean about it being pretty obvious you don't know half of what you think you do?
    *edit*
    Oh and I can't help but notice you didn't comment on the "Sparring /= fighting or testing" bit.
    That is "sparring does not equal fighting or testing yourself and your art" in long form.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 11/09/2017 10:04am at . Reason: 12 /= 14
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyoukushin guys puts on small gloves and do some semi contact punching to the face. They would last 30 seconds against a half decent boxer, with or without gloves. Same goes for Taekwondo guys

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyoukushin guys puts on small gloves and do some semi contact punching to the face. They would last 30 seconds against a half decent boxer, with or without gloves. Same goes for Taekwondo guys
    Yes. TKD and KK guys and gals would do very poorly under a boxing ruleset.
    When are you going to stop with the dumb ****?
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Yes. TKD and KK guys and gals would do very poorly under a boxing ruleset.
    When are you going to stop with the dumb ****?
    They would get their ass handed to them in ANY rule set that allowed full contact face punching.

Page 3 of 10 First 1234567 ... Last