Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    I would like to hear from a boxer, how he felt about it. Any boxers in here?
    I go to a boxe gym once or twice a week (rarely thrice) and I mostly do physical exercises and technical training, I spar very rarely.
    Does it count?

IMHO: if a boxer and a kickboxer, neither of them a champ, fight each other:

a) If we are speaking of a no-rules brawl they will likely clinch and end up crappling very soon (specially since the boxer is forced to always close the distance to avoid kicks);
    b) If we are speaking of a fight with some rules, well it depends on the rules, but I suppose that if the rules are close to that of the kickboxer he would be advantaged.

There are many possible differences in rules above kicks allowed or not: take this example of a match between boxe and savate (that is a form of kickboxing in the end) where kicks were allowed but the boxer dominated, apparently because the savateur was used to a sort of "medium contact" rules:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ht=boxe+savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    American Kickboxing rules had to add 8 kick minimum because boxers entered and dominated. So I disagree that the kickboxer is the favorite in above the waist rules...

Granted, alot of the original kickboxers were pure Karatekas, but I still say a modern Kickboxer only allowed to kick above the waist, will be get smash ed by a boxer

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    American Kickboxing rules had to add 8 kick minimum because boxers entered and dominated. So I disagree that the kickboxer is the favorite in above the waist rules...

Granted, alot of the original kickboxers were pure Karatekas, but I still say a modern Kickboxer only allowed to kick above the waist, will be get smash ed by a boxer
    I was thinking about exactly this last night, however, I think the problem was not boxing vs kickboxing, but professional boxers vs karateka of the 70s and 80s. Boxers were, of course, full time professional athletes competing for potential millions, kickboxers were not training or competing on anything like that level. A better contest would have been similar level pro boxers and pro MT fighters.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muay Thai guys are not exactly known for their high kicks . and theyre likely slower kickers (more power though) .. I think an equally skilled hard punching boxer will be the favourite.

If the boxer is a Mayweather-finesse type boxer, I bet on the Muay Thai guy though in above the waist rules set with no clinch

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it also depends on the style of training the kickboxer has undertaken. My gym teaches Muay Thai style kickboxing, but a large portion of the teaching also incorporates a lot of punches that are closer to western boxing than traditional kickboxing. So I think it also depends - because it may be possible the kickboxer may know all of the movements the boxer does, plus kicking. In which case logically you would assume the kickboxer would win.

Style
    muay thai, muayboran, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMhzzlEiDMI

Interesting as this was before my time and an exhibition bout but its Leon Splnks vs Joe Lewis

Style
    FMA/SAMBO
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the boxer is clueless how to defend them, leg kicks from a mobile kickboxer can end it. But it takes time.

I watched a fascinating late night fight a hell of a long time ago no idea who the fighers were, but one was Russian 6'7, 260ish, one was a Dutch Trained kickboxer, 6'2ish, 230. Initially the kickboxer tried to box with the bigger guy, and knocked down in the first. Brutal punch, but he recovered and finished the round.

In round 2, the kickboxer just kept moving, and leg kicking the hell out of the boxer, who had no idea how to check a kick. At first the kickboxer was throwing them conservatively, with a quick retraction, then slipped out.

By round 4, the kickboxer was just teeing off as hard as he could, and it was brutal. Not even a retraction, but burying the kicks in the boxer's thigh will fully committed penetration. Boxer tried desperately to jump out of the way, but could barely walk.

A few rounds later, the kickboxer landed one more, boxer went down, and could not get up. He tried like hell, but he was totally dead-legged, and could no longer walk.

It was an amazing fight, and really impressed upon me the effectiveness of leg kicks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob Sapp bullrushed Ernesto Hoost, one of the greatest kickboxers of all time, with wild swinging punches, and beat him twice with the exact same strategy. How on earth would Hoost survive a prime Mike Tyson if he can't handle Sapp? I think K1 fighters are overrated.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would a Muay Thai club teach punching with Western Boxing stances? You wrote close to Western Boxing.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muay Thai guys are not exactly known for their high kicks . and theyre likely slower kickers (more power though) .. I think an equally skilled hard punching boxer will be the favourite.

If the boxer is a Mayweather-finesse type boxer, I bet on the Muay Thai guy though in above the waist rules set with no clinch
    You are so fuckin ignorant I don't even know where to begin. How about some Muay Thai?

Less than four minutes I found 5 videos containing hundreds of high kicks executed, lightning fast, by Muay Thai guys in full contact fights. Stop making an ass out of yourself dude. Muay Thai is known for it excellent punching which is very similar to boxing technique wise and fast powerful kicks from the ankles to the head.

Most of the reason for their success is their training methods, constant competing and testing, and it not being a bunch of pussies who play at TKD and think they are fighters. They actually fight.

You have mentioned your transition from ITF TKD to Kickboxing.
    What is your record? Where do you train kickboxing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last