Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get the knives as self-defence thing either, but I always carry a high-quality pocket knife. They've mostly been Spydercos. I got to the factory outlet store in Golden, CO a couple months ago and picked up a L'il Lum, which I love.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I carry buck knives. They are not the coolest, they are not the lightest, and they don't open the easiest. I mostly carry one because growing up, my dad always had one and he gave me one when I was little. Now that I'm older I'm getting sentimental and carry one all the time. I also gave one to my kids. I collect them and have different ones. I have carried SOG, cold steel, and Kershaw before.

99.9% of my knife use has been opening boxes or stripping wires.

All that being said, I have trained knife fighting for years. I consider myself pretty competent in knife combatives. If you are going to look at a tactical folder for self defense, deployment is the number one thing that people don't train that they should train. Deploying the knife from where it is located in different situations, sitting backing up, circling, angling, with your hand close to the opponent and with it away. Lots of variables that have to be trained and factored in to what you carry and where you carry it on you.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've carried a CRKT Crawford Kasper folder for years. Good quality, inexpensive, and a secondary lock that removes the possibility of it accidentally closing on your fingers. They're 20 something dollars.

I carry a Victorinox fruit knife in my backpack. Very lightweight, compact and sharp, only like $6, but its a fixed blade.

Page 2 of 2 First 12