Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    That's rather the point of the cartoon as well as the swastika, you know: to suggest that the Israeli government is no better than nazis.

This is, of course, extremely offensive in itself, but it is not anti-semitism. Dershowitz realises this, yet still elects to draw the anti-semitism card. It's a standard tactic for pro-Israeli debaters and is the main reason for the decline in value of said card.
    Yeah, go ahead and use loaded images (historically loaded with meaning) and then try to crawfish out of it when the backlash hits.

I mean, we could go into dog-whistling, and all that too by use of those images as well, right?

The people who put up the poster knew exactly what they were doing, as did the editors of the UC Berkeley news-rag.

The fact is that Israel, whether or not you think it matters, is that it was founded as a Jewish state (and even in that act in 1948 there was probably quite a bit of antisemitism involved).
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a pretty standard cartoon without any racist imagery. Dershowitz doesn't look like Jud S, he looks cheerful and not overly jewwed up, big nose or holding gold coins or whatever. The soldier shooting a child is labelled IDF, not ZOG.

For actual racist imagery, google A.Wyatt Mann. This is political. Not racist. Dershowitz realises this and is exploiting the lack of tact.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a pretty standard cartoon without any racist imagery. Dershowitz doesn't look like Jud S, he looks cheerful and not overly jewwed up, big nose or holding gold coins or whatever. The soldier shooting a child is labelled IDF, not ZOG.

For actual racist imagery, google A.Wyatt Mann. This is political. Not racist. Dershowitz realises this and is exploiting the lack of tact.
    Anti-semitic is not racist. Jews come in all "races", last I heard.

Israel is a Jewish state...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever you say, chappie. Point stands.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I do not like the cartoon but otherwise I agree, the cartoon is not displaying anti-semitic tropes and there are lots of them way worse floating around but it seems today everybody is in full snowflake mode.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever you say, chappie. Point stands.
    Your opinion is a point?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I do not like the cartoon but otherwise I agree, the cartoon is not displaying anti-semitic tropes and there are lots of them way worse floating around but it seems today everybody is in full snowflake mode.
    Dammit, you are one funny man, Diego...

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Your opinion is a point?
    As much as your and Dershowitz's opinions are, yes. Feel free to point out the hidden images of da jooz defilin us white wimmenz in the quoted offensive-but-not-racist cartoon if you wish to argue that your opinion is more pointy.

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, see, I was thinking of the poster with the swastika. That political cartoon there, eh, seems pretty par for the course with political cartoons.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find the fascination with the imagery fascinating.

What about his (other) words?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last