Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last

Style
    Bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    List of Serbian martial arts:

1. Basketball.
    2. What Cro-cop does.
    Crocop is croatian (the give away is the cro in cro cop, his fight shorts also feature red and white checkers which is part of the croatian flag). Croatians and serbs dont mix, refer yugoslav break up.

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Crocop is croatian (the give away is the cro in cro cop, his fight shorts also feature red and white checkers which is part of the croatian flag). Croatians and serbs dont mix, refer yugoslav break up.
    That was about time someone getting the joke.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    What, are these two different cities in the country of Europe or different states of the United States of Europe? Whatever.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be great if you analyse every style listed here and declare most legit and most BS styles.

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    That was about time someone getting the joke.
    I understood the joke. Serbs get real touchy about that **** though. Its like pulling the cord on a chainsaw ;)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I wrote and copied all this text for nothing :(

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo salvatore View Post
    To be blunt, these are the sort of martial art sundaes thrown together for a quick buck, that have been hashed over a thousand times here. To paraphrase a quote from an unrelated forum, they are even good enough to suck distinctively. This excludes the folk wrestling, which is likely at least OK.

You'd get more conversation glimg with mlre absurd video.examples, or some genuinely outrageous or fraudulent marketing copy.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell us what YOU think instead, and why. Then I'd be happy to give input. Others too, I'm sure.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, they are a bunch of made up martial arts with no real lineage in anything. So they are worth what you can get out of them. You can learn to fight decent by wrestling with your brothers growing up and then taking basic boxing. So then you have to figure out what you want to get out of this training. If you want a place to hang out, with people that you like, get a workout, feel like you are learning about combat a little, and then go home, any of these may fit the bill.

If you want a place that is going to train you to compete in grappling tournaments, then we need to dig deeper into some of these and find out what their competition record is.

If you want a place that is going to train you to compete in MMA tournaments, same as above.

You have asked the most vague of questions, analyze these martial arts and declare if they are legit or BS. Too vague. And you also need to figure out what legit means. Their are some Chinese martial arts that have intact lineages back hundreds of years. They would be considered "legit" yet they done necessarily teach you how to grapple, box, or do MMA.

Your vague question will get you what you got as a response already.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, pals, I am going to give my opinion. Lets start from the most popular one REAL AIKIDO. Did you know that our minister of education made a decision that RA would be in every elementary school so that kids can learn it, they also got in the army. Founder of Real Aikido is Ljubomir Vracarevic (Fat Ninja), he is dead now.
    Beginning of Real Aikido was in I think sixties when Ljubomir Vracarevic was working as ticket salesman at a concert (he became a ticket salesman because in that time you could do all kinds of stuff via youth organizations, and even now you can do it). At the concert two guys came and did not want to buy the ticket, he stopped them and they stabbed him a little bit under the arm on the side of the chest, later police came and then Ljubomir entered the concert room and jumped on the attacker. From that moment he decided to learn how to defend himself from knife and other kinds of attack. He went to Italy to learn Aikido and also learned from books before that, then he went to Japan and after being unsatisfied with efficiency of traditional Aikido he decided to develop a new kind of Akido, Real Aikido.

He implemented techniques from other arts and left only most effective techniques from Aikido. From this moment everything begins, he went to Libya to train Gadafis bodyguards, in one show he told that he broke hands of people who he was training in Libya if they had doubts about his authority (it is army after all). He went to Bulgaria to train bodyguards of Kiril Ivanov. Both Gadafi and Ivanov were killed. He also went to Zimbabwe to train Mugabes bodyguards. Some say that he got all those jobs not because he was good but because he had family connections in the Army. He also trained Russian special forces and got a lot of rewards from Russia. Real Aikido has a lot of clubs in Russia and also in Azerbaijan.

He always bashes on other arts, calling them sport, too aggressive or ineffective. He once told a story about his confrontation with Krav Maga instructor at Military Academy before the story ends a video ends so I will try to get the full story and write it here. A friend called him and told him that there is Krav at Military Academy so he went there with one of his black belts and confronted the guy rest is unknown.
    Ljubomir was very dissatisfied with treatment that RA was getting from Serbia as state, they didn't help the enough, and that decision about RA being in every elementary school was never implemented.

Ljubomir Vracarevic

His daughter looks good

black belt test

I can say that by criteria of having a resisting opponent there is no legitimacy in this art. Ljubomir wanted money. I would like to here if you agree or disagree with me.

Also, what do you think, if decision that RA will be taught in schools gets implemented, what will our children become like?

Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last