Page 5 of 27 First 12345678915 ... Last

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    they can **** right off with that crap, along with the mormons who "converted" holocaust victims to moronism after death. it's offensive. they should keep their bronze age bullshit to within their cult, or better yet wake up to the world around them and join the 21st century.
    While I get your point, and largely share your feelings, you are thinking an an unbeliever. For a true believer your personal opinions and identity issues are not relevant to define religious cathegories.
    E.g.: suppose that I believe that Mary was a virgin even after giving birth to Jesus.
    Maybe this offends you because it's a way to force paranoid sexuality on women and you are a feminist, but I think that Mary's virginity is revealed Truth, and thus your personal opinions cannot change what I see as a fact.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    I think I would call you "culturally jewish", but not a Jew, the same way I'm culturally catholic (as I was raised as such) but I'm not a Catholic anymore since I'm an atheist.
    Maybe "ethnically jewish", if descent is important for you.

If this specific group by "Jew" specifically means a believer in Judaism, they are simply using the word in a different way than you, IMHO.
    ... so am I, culturally, a drunken zookeeper who first raised me and let me escape, a gay New York Cowboy with a fetish for yellow hats who found me, or a Baptist cause I go to a Baptist Church?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    ... so am I, culturally, a drunken zookeeper who first raised me and let me escape, a gay New York Cowboy with a fetish for yellow hats who found me, or a Baptist cause I go to a Baptist Church?
    Is that stick circumcised? That will help narrow the possibilities.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A baptist zookeeper with a fetish for yellow hats?

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are clearly a copyright violation waiting to happen....
    That said, I am pretty sure the guy with the fetish for yellow hats probably had the biggest influence on you.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TIL antisemitism has gone so mainstream that even Jews hate the Jews.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    I think I would call you "culturally jewish", but not a Jew, the same way I'm culturally catholic (as I was raised as such) but I'm not a Catholic anymore since I'm an atheist.
    Maybe "ethnically jewish", if descent is important for you.

If this specific group by "Jew" specifically means a believer in Judaism, they are simply using the word in a different way than you, IMHO.
    funny thing, you know who considers me a jew? nazi skinheads and other antisemites.

do you know that under nazi control i would have been rounded up and sent to the camps for being a jew? do you know who would have shunned me once i was there? the ultra-orthodox.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Just when I was starting to think you had gotten a bad rap you dump this **** on the forum...

...why don't you go try.
    Just did. You did wonderfully.

Bar Mitzvah means "son of the law", since you didn't bother adding that part, you cherry picking Zionist..

It's a major step forward for the boy, not just the father, dumbass.

Last edited by Ice Hole; 10/24/2017 8:11pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Jew fight! Jew fight!
    No, I'm just sharing some of what I've learned over the years being part of a (typical reformed American) Jewish family.

The Rabbi is going to lecture us on being Jewish matter what, that's what they do.

As a Quaker, I sometimes feel compelled by God to speak my mind, so just go with it.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    funny thing, you know who considers me a jew? nazi skinheads and other antisemites.

do you know that under nazi control i would have been rounded up and sent to the camps for being a jew? do you know who would have shunned me once i was there? the ultra-orthodox.
    As would I.

Abusing the word "bigot" to apologize for ultra-orthodox intolerance is its own form of bigotry, just as anti-Semitism is. "They're not all like that"....well tell that to the people on the receiving end of bigotry. It applies to skinheads and religious hardliners alike.

When the Rabbi claimed my statement about the bigotry and intolerance of the orthodox was "highly bigoted", he was of course, wrong. He meant to use the word "stereotypical", but even then he's missing the point that I was talking about the experiences of my family, and how they have been treated by conservative and orthodox Jews: often poorly and non-inclusive.

He's casually glossing over the fact that as a Gentile in an interfaith marriage, I have personally been subject to a significant amount of Jewish bigotry, even from family members and members of the clergy (of course, I've dealt with Christian bigots in the same way). I was not even permitted to carry my wife's grandfather's coffin for burial, because I was not a member of the tribe. My kids didn't understand, and that stung.

Luckily, I'm cool like that and it rolls off my back and I work to undo people's hard line attitudes, when I can. Ultimately, a bigoted Gentile would not spend 20+ years assimilating into Jewish life, learning and practicing Judaism and Hebrew in order to raise Jewish sons, as I have.

I'm very fortunate to be a member of a progressive, open, friendly synagogue. When I don the kippot and even kiss the Torah, I feel right at home. My name is מיכאל, after all.

I would not be welcome in many conservative or orthodox synagogues, nor would my wife and children. That's a cold hard fact.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 10/25/2017 6:37am at .

Page 5 of 27 First 12345678915 ... Last