Page 27 of 27 First ... 172324252627

Style
    Bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Spitting is pretty common in Israel, to be honest. It's the way arguments typically escalate. You disagree, then you shout, then you spit on each other, then someone grabs the other by the throat, which is reciprocated and then both of you pretty much stay there until bystanders break it up. The police won't consider it an attack until fists are thrown, and then most of the time, unless blood flows or bones or broken their response is "suck it up buttercup."

Having originally come from the US, I had some close calls initially with local law enforcement when my first response to getting spit upon was typically a throat punch. At which point the police told me to stop acting like a "crazy American."
    Wanting to knock the lid of someone for spitting in your face is a normal reaction for majority of the world. Is strange that to think they spit on each other in an argument and sit there and take it.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Is it proper to mix English and Hebrew in a sentence?

Enquiring mind wants to know.
    Why not add Franch? Le crampe.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Spitting is pretty common in Israel, to be honest. It's the way arguments typically escalate. You disagree, then you shout, then you spit on each other, then someone grabs the other by the throat, which is reciprocated and then both of you pretty much stay there until bystanders break it up. The police won't consider it an attack until fists are thrown, and then most of the time, unless blood flows or bones or broken their response is "suck it up buttercup."

Having originally come from the US, I had some close calls initially with local law enforcement when my first response to getting spit upon was typically a throat punch. At which point the police told me to stop acting like a "crazy American."
    I've never been to Israel; so I was going off of what I had been told by former IDF that now live in the US. They told me that spitting was common, but it was also the "glove slap" in which fights started immediately thereafter.

But upon reflection of your comment, I can see how maybe people who told me this might have immigrated from Israel to the US, as they had to much "crazy American" in them.

Page 27 of 27 First ... 172324252627