Page 25 of 27 First ... 1521222324252627 Last
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    So?Funny thing about these "universal rights" is that 99% of the various species of the planet don't give a **** about these "rights."
    It's not even 99%. You've leaving many 9's off.

Humans alone care for what "rights" are, not sharks or dolphins or whats-its, and the universal rights I was referring to are 1) not yet universal and 2) at the center of the theme of the video in the OP.

Mob of crazy bible-thumping men vs Woman Woman, utilizing defense training developed by a Hungarian freedom fighter, dude. fughetaboutit.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    They are universal in the sense that we believe that they are so basic that we should shove them in the throat of everyone, included people who don't believe in them.
    The problem of Rabbit's argument is that freedom of religion is also supposed to be one of these rights.
    Freedom from religion == freedom from armed or unarmed religious mobs. So it goes for ISIS and the mob in this video.

They both hate women, and it shows in their actions in the name of Yahweh/Allah. They use their religion as a weapon.

Luckily for this lady, she had some KM training. Most women would have crumbled under the fear alone. This officer really kicked it into high gear.

It really does look like KM >>>>>> most "Women's Self Defense" stuff out there.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 11/01/2017 9:39pm at .

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Sure, people have strong beliefs and convictions and a well written argument can make them think, research and change their mind. Yes, this includes religion. Yes, it can come from a discussion in a "comment" thread. No, it is not always the definitive "you never really held your former beliefs." The reason "I" rarely discuss religion on the internet is what I quoted from you. It's the backhanded No True Scotsman and authoritative voice people use when they get offended.

This has no bearing on your other informative posts at all, I just disagree with the statement I quoted earlier. Before you go down the path, yes, you are correct in some cases, but not in all.
    When I wrote what I did, I meant instantaneous conversion, not the start of a process of re-examination. I totally agree that such re-examination can be spurred on by comment thread. Looking back clearly I didn't express what I was trying to say well. What can I say, I don't trust instantaneous conversions.

From my experience blogging and being involved in certain religious forums, I've seen that you can in fact be the catalyst for the start of a shift in belief(not just religious either). I would still contend that most(but not all) the people that argue aren't are just there to troll and don't really pay attention to the content of what you are writing other than to find ways to make new attacks.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I would still contend that most(but not all) the people that argue aren't are just there to troll and don't really pay attention to the content of what you are writing other than to find ways to make new attacks.
    See, we come form different schools. I think trolls are extremely rare. What you have are pig headed people who only see their way as right and it isn't trolling, their belief system is so entrenched they come off of as trolls. Yes, Wrabbit does troll as do I at at times. Still, as you can see in this thread, it is more about his and his wife's beliefs being right, than actually listening to what you are saying. I think most people feel this way and get angry and aren't really trolling, they can't accept being incorrect or slightly off in their assumptions and reasoning. To me Religion is number one, Race is number two and Martial Arts/Self Defense is number three.

Before someone asks, politics is too wide ranging and can encompass everything I just named and then some. So, to me, it is a part of the three I just named and not its own entity.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, we come form different schools. I think trolls are extremely rare. What you have are pig headed people who only see their way as right and it isn't trolling, their belief system is so entrenched they come off of as trolls. Yes, Wrabbit does troll as do I at at times. Still, as you can see in this thread, it is more about his and his wife's beliefs being right, than actually listening to what you are saying. I think most people feel this way and get angry and aren't really trolling, they can't accept being incorrect or slightly off in their assumptions and reasoning. To me Religion is number one, Race is number two and Martial Arts/Self Defense is number three.

Before someone asks, politics is too wide ranging and can encompass everything I just named and then some. So, to me, it is a part of the three I just named and not its own entity.
    As a self identifying pig headed individual, I'll posit one has a much better chance of getting me to look further into the flip side of any given issue by:

(1) stating their position as an argument without attack
    (2) be willing themselves to look at other arguments without resorting to denigration by insult
    (3) realize that sometimes the truth/facts may be somewhere in between

This is the only site of which I post with any regularity. Have to admit, I've been swayed on many issues and would consider religion, politics, race and martial arts in order. Do agree on politics bleeding into the others.

It'd be good to have access to topics with just the facts. News without political bias. Sadly, true journalism is so rare in these areas it is today an exception.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    As a self identifying pig headed individual, I'll posit one has a much better chance of getting me to look further into the flip side of any given issue by:

(1) stating their position as an argument without attack
    (2) be willing themselves to look at other arguments without resorting to denigration by insult
    (3) realize that sometimes the truth/facts may be somewhere in between

This is the only site of which I post with any regularity. Have to admit, I've been swayed on many issues and would consider religion, politics, race and martial arts in order. Do agree on politics bleeding into the others.

It'd be good to have access to topics with just the facts. News without political bias. Sadly, true journalism is so rare in these areas it is today an exception.
    Yes and we have this in the thread. Notice most of the exchanges were decent, even the disagreement between Ming and MT. It started going off the rails when Wrabbit found out his wife is not the end all be all of information.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still, as you can see in this thread, it is more about his and his wife's beliefs being right, than actually listening to what you are saying. I
    See, it's not about being right or wrong. You of all people shouldn't reduce people to dualistic desires. You can't be "right" or "wrong" about religious belief, unless you're talking about certain facts (ie, 7 Days of Creation). That's why they call it beliefe or "faith", faith is used to deny facts.

Sometimes it's important to probe to get people to open up, but to call it trolling as if I'm trying to upset the Rabbi, is a misnomer. I clearly love Rabbit Tzadok and his whole fucking flock. But I hate mobs of crazy men attacking women, too, and using their religious books/dogma/beliefs as a shield.

You can't dismiss my wife's experiences with bigotry as "wrong", or my own experiences as "wrong". I know what being discriminated against for your beliefs feels like, and it's ironic that as a Quaker, I'm accepting of almost anyone's beliefs.

When I see women forced to stay home and cook, wear long skirts, or get called "whore" and attacked by mobs of "religious" men for wearing a uniform, or not allowed to read, or only read certain books, I'm just overcome with the abolitionist and suffragist energy of my forebearers.

It's as part of my DNA as Rabbi's Jewish lineage. In fact, my sons are related to him, somehow. That'd be a hole worth diggin! His story is their story and mine all at once.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes and we have this in the thread. Notice most of the exchanges were decent, even the disagreement between Ming and MT. It started going off the rails when Wrabbit found out his wife is not the end all be all of information.
    Where we're going Fake, we don't need "rails". And yes, she's got her own biases, but we work through them. She married my Goyim ass after all. I am responsible for her ability to trust Christians (most of her extended family was murdered in WWII).

There was a time she didn't want the hassle of family, simply for loving me. Luckily for the future of the Hebrew race, I can win over anybody with my Jesus Christ pose.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jew here.

In Israel, if you spit on someone, that is an attack. It is the worst of insults. Just spitting around someone is incendiary.

Maybe others think that's stupid, but that's to bad. It's the way things are.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going way back to the OP I think she did a good job. She didn't to commit to any one person which is tempting with public order, she stuck to the job at hand despite the hesitant driver and above all she didn't panic and flap.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Page 25 of 27 First ... 1521222324252627 Last