Page 24 of 27 First ... 142021222324252627 Last
  1. #231
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,844
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    He doesn't care because he isn't Jewish and he doesn't believe those things.
    He doesn't believe in equality? "Those things" are universal rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    If you don't like the religion, leave. That's all. You can do that, you know? You don't have to try to change the religions you disagree with. It's not going to work any way.
    Oh sure it is. Religions can be changed. That's the beauty of enlightenment. Nothing is sacred. NHB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    It was about this women's riot situation and her response. Then people wanted to know what the riot was about, and Michael has been very good to let us know what the political and religious mood is there on the ground.
    See: Salem, Massachusetts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    This is not a logical debate. This is religion. Religion rarely has much to do with logic or even proof. You can't say that the old books are wrong. Because they are just the old books. You can't say the old rules are wrong, because they are just the old rules. All you can do is see if it fits with what you think or are willing to believe and then accept or move to the next thing.
    We can do a hell of a lot more than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Seems to me you need to open a religious debate thread to go to a religious debate site. But just so you know, it's not going to get you anything and you won't prove anything because at the end the answer is going to be the same for all of them: Read our book and believe or don't.
    This is a religious debate thread. You're too stuck on right and wrong, and are ignoring the mob of men calling the woman fighting back a "whore".

  2. #232
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,844
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So how many people here think that border guard could have fought off a determined attack by one of those guys? By two or three of them ?

    I admire her courage and attitude, but seriously, she didn't look like she was that competent.
    They were a bunch of Hasidic pussies who think women are weak homebodies, and impure in her case.

    She showed them a thing or two. קְרַב מַגָּע

    Imi would be proud.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 10/31/2017 11:01pm at .

  3. #233

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    480
    Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    They were a bunch of Hasidic pussies who think women are weak homebodies, and impure in her case.

    She showed them a thing or two. קְרַב מַגָּע

    Imi would be proud.
    Imi would have cried to see the system attached to his name become what it is in this example and globally. He was a legit boxer and wrestler so he'd be disappointed to say the least. Also idea in krav is to not get surrounded and run when you can.
    Last edited by Kravbizarre; 11/01/2017 12:05am at .

  4. #234

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    532
    Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    He doesn't believe in equality? "Those things" are universal rights.
    So?Funny thing about these "universal rights" is that 99% of the various species of the planet don't give a **** about these "rights." No matter how much "rights" you have, a feeding shark, wouldn't give a ****. Sad thing about these "universal rights" is that only a select part of the 1% of those who give a **** (i.e. humans) are free from the delusion that these "rights" are inherent and ever-present. Nah, these things are a privilege. Just ask kim jong-uts. or du30.
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Oh sure it is. Religions can be changed. That's the beauty of enlightenment. Nothing is sacred. NHB.
    Yep, they can be changed, at the cost of decreased authority. Who in their right mind wants that to happen in the religion/religious institution they head?BTW, if you say nothing is sacred and NHB, surely you wouldn't object to being stretched on the rack and burned at the steak, I mean stake (roasted rabbit, anyone?) ? Your words can be considered heresy.

  5. #235

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    So?Funny thing about these "universal rights" is that 99% of the various species of the planet don't give a **** about these "rights".
    They are universal in the sense that we believe that they are so basic that we should shove them in the throat of everyone, included people who don't believe in them.
    The problem of Rabbit's argument is that freedom of religion is also supposed to be one of these rights.

  6. #236
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,433
    Style
    xingyi
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have noting to add except I saw Zero Motivation during its theatrical release, it is a very good movie IMO. Oh and MT keep educating everyone this thread is interesting and watching an internet PhD get schooled is always fun.

  7. #237
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,433
    Style
    xingyi
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    The above is why I now avoid discussing religion on the internet. Honestly if I can change your beliefs in a comment thread, you never really held your former beliefs. Further any beliefs I can instill via a comment thread are the shallow end of shallow.
    I liked this post, but disagree with this comment.

  8. #238
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,333
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I liked this post, but disagree with this comment.
    Care to elaborate?
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

  9. #239
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,433
    Style
    xingyi
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, people have strong beliefs and convictions and a well written argument can make them think, research and change their mind. Yes, this includes religion. Yes, it can come from a discussion in a "comment" thread. No, it is not always the definitive "you never really held your former beliefs." The reason "I" rarely discuss religion on the internet is what I quoted from you. It's the backhanded No True Scotsman and authoritative voice people use when they get offended.

    This has no bearing on your other informative posts at all, I just disagree with the statement I quoted earlier. Before you go down the path, yes, you are correct in some cases, but not in all.

  10. #240
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,844
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Imi would have cried to see the system attached to his name become what it is in this example and globally. He was a legit boxer and wrestler so he'd be disappointed to say the least. Also idea in krav is to not get surrounded and run when you can.
    This is the funniest post the whole thread. It's kind of hard to run when you're surrounded by a huge fucking mob of crazy, ultra-orthodox religious crazies.

    Who the **** cares what the religious backdrop is???? Crazy people wearing black circling an emancipated woman, with nothing to defend herself but krav maga.

    Did you actually watch the OP? He would not have cried. He would have fought right next to her, and they'd have backed the **** up.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 11/01/2017 9:27pm at .

Page 24 of 27 First ... 142021222324252627 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in