1. #221
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,827
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    No goal post moving. It just became painfully clear that you were absolutely clueless regarding the ideology of the factions behind protests
    Try to be more honest about terms like "absolutely" or you are going to continue looking like an extremist lunatic defending old world traditions that simply don't make sense to many progressive cultures that have long since discarded traditional roles of men and women.

    I was very amused that you posted the Haredic women as if they are fully emancipated because they can become soldiers...great attempt at deflection...but at the same time you also brought forth more Jewish orthodox bigotry to the spotlight, specifically that of an orthodox sect that happens to believe in its own religious superiority over other Jews (nobody's perfect..).

    This juxtaposition of your self-righteous devotion to studying religious dogma AND the sexual emancipation of women is exactly the kind of goal post stomping I'd expect of an intellectual of your caliber. Remember, in my worldview goal posts are for college freshman debates. It was a compliment, not a criticism.

    There are no "goalposts" in the real world, there is only freedom from oppression and role assignment. So it goes for Communism, Orthodox Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

    Rather than worry about goal posts, strap those old, worn ideas to rocket ships and blast them right through the Imperial Vortex towards true emancipation on a universal scale, as a liberator. Flash Gordon got the credit, but it was Hans Zarkov who overcame mind conditioning, and took down the the Imperial Secret Police all by himself, by recalling Shakespeare, the Talmud, the formulas of Einstein, and the Beatles.

    Much like Chaim Topol, you sometimes see things beyond your own limitations, even if you do come across as quite mad to most casual views. Hopefully you don't believe the Earth was created in 7 days...but I haven't asked you about that out of respect.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 10/30/2017 7:40pm at .

  2. #222
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,218
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Why don't you care? We could extend this beyond Jewish women, to Muslim women, but I'm afraid Devil will post and **** it all up.

    Why don't you care?
    He doesn't care because he isn't Jewish and he doesn't believe those things. See most people, when they don't believe in an ideology, they just go find the one they do believe in and practice it. Instead of just running around and crying about all the ones they don't believe in.

    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    There is no first or second option either, unless you feel that tradition should dictate people's lives. For most of their lives, many Orthodox Jewish woman have not had options. In fact if the mob in this OP had their way, this woman would probably not be allowed to be a solider.

    It's ironic so much of Bullshido is devoted to exposing the bullshit in traditions, as long as they're Asian. Restrictions on women in Judaism is sacrosanct? Jewish women (and men) haven't had to work hard to liberate the role of Jewish women from bondage?

    Let's see if Rabbi can prove me wrong. I'm not going to argue with him about what's in the same books that Young Earth and Creationism theorists rely on. I'm sticking with basic moral and ethical principles that are literally universal. Nobody has to go to school to learn that ****.
    If you don't like the religion, leave. That's all. You can do that, you know? You don't have to try to change the religions you disagree with. It's not going to work any way.

    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Try to be more honest about terms like "absolutely" or you are going to continue looking like an extremist lunatic defending old world traditions that simply don't make sense to many progressive cultures that have long since discarded traditional roles of men and women.

    I was very amused that you posted the Haredic women as if they are fully emancipated because they can become soldiers...great attempt at deflection...but at the same time you also brought forth more Jewish orthodox bigotry to the spotlight, specifically that of an orthodox sect that happens to believe in its own religious superiority over other Jews (nobody's perfect..).

    This juxtaposition of your self-righteous devotion to studying religious dogma AND the sexual emancipation of women is exactly the kind of goal post stomping I'd expect of an intellectual of your caliber. Remember, in my worldview goal posts are for college freshman debates. It was a compliment, not a criticism.

    There are no "goalposts" in the real world, there is only freedom from oppression and role assignment. So it goes for Communism, Orthodox Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

    Rather than worry about goal posts, strap those old, worn ideas to rocket ships and blast them right through the Imperial Vortex towards true emancipation on a universal scale, as a liberator. Flash Gordon got the credit, but it was Hans Zarkov who overcame mind conditioning, and took down the the Imperial Secret Police all by himself, by recalling Shakespeare, the Talmud, the formulas of Einstein, and the Beatles.

    Much like Chaim Topol, you sometimes see things beyond your own limitations, even if you do come across as quite mad to most casual views. Hopefully you don't believe the Earth was created in 7 days...but I haven't asked you about that out of respect.
    So just to be clear, are you fighting for women's rights everywhere, in all things? Or just Jewish women's rights? Because that is all you are talking about. And you are pretty much the only one because that is really not what the thread was about. It was about this women's riot situation and her response. Then people wanted to know what the riot was about, and Michael has been very good to let us know what the political and religious mood is there on the ground.

    Then you, the way you normally do, started talking about your own issues which happen to be in a local area that is a different country all together. And you admittedly are in a different Synagogue with a different Rabbi who treats you the way you wan to be treated and allows your own flavor of religion. But yet, you keep arguing traditions of religions and people that you don't agree with. As if they should change to fit your opinion. That's never going to work, because they are just going to argue the exact same thing from the opposite side.

    This is not a black and white. This is not a logical debate. This is religion. Religion rarely has much to do with logic or even proof. You can't say that the old books are wrong. Because they are just the old books. You can't say the old rules are wrong, because they are just the old rules. All you can do is see if it fits with what you think or are willing to believe and then accept or move to the next thing.

    Seems to me you need to open a religious debate thread to go to a religious debate site. But just so you know, it's not going to get you anything and you won't prove anything because at the end the answer is going to be the same for all of them: Read our book and believe or don't.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  3. #223
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,781
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how many people here think that border guard could have fought off a determined attack by one of those guys? By two or three of them ?

    I admire her courage and attitude, but seriously, she didn't look like she was that competent.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #224
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,218
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So how many people here think that border guard could have fought off a determined attack by one of those guys? By two or three of them ?

    I admire her courage and attitude, but seriously, she didn't look like she was that competent.
    Nah, she would have been toast. She is lucky that no one really committed. Only way to go up against a mob is through superior numbers and weaponry. And even then it is tough. I've done it before, **** can go south really quick.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  5. #225

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,196
    Style
    MMA, Grappling
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn man.

    Military rape statistics are so disheartening. The IDF ones are truly disgusting, but the US is pretty bad as well. I assume most country's are.

    Maybe they are right about not wanting women in the military, huh? Not because of any failing of the women, but because a significant number of the male sex cannot be trusted. The thought bums me out. How hard is it not to rape people? WTF guys?

  6. #226

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,196
    Style
    MMA, Grappling
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Nah, she would have been toast. She is lucky that no one really committed. Only way to go up against a mob is through superior numbers and weaponry. And even then it is tough. I've done it before, **** can go south really quick.
    yeah, it only worked out because the mob couldn't get their nuts up. Thank goodness they didn't though.

  7. #227
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,781
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Damn man.

    Military rape statistics are so disheartening. The IDF ones are truly disgusting, but the US is pretty bad as well. I assume most country's are.

    Maybe they are right about not wanting women in the military, huh? Not because of any failing of the women, but because a significant number of the male sex cannot be trusted. The thought bums me out. How hard is it not to rape people? WTF guys?
    Arm all female soldiers with handguns and pepper spray, and body cams, and know how to use them ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #228

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    532
    Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Nah, she would have been toast. She is lucky that no one really committed. Only way to go up against a mob is through superior numbers and weaponry. And even then it is tough. I've done it before, **** can go south really quick.
    Easy to **** over a flock of sheep than to mess with a pack of wolves. And please, don't pat somebody on the back if their achievement is about fucking sheep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Damn man.

    Military rape statistics are so disheartening. The IDF ones are truly disgusting, but the US is pretty bad as well. I assume most country's are.

    Maybe they are right about not wanting women in the military, huh? Not because of any failing of the women, but because a significant number of the male sex cannot be trusted. The thought bums me out. How hard is it not to rape people? WTF guys?
    Put it this way: if there was a condition that makes people have a euphoric high when crushing cockroaches, how hard it is to keep yourself from stepping on them pests?

    for them when they rape, they have/get:

    1. a good feeling (orgasm)
    2. a sense of power/ domination
    3. a something that has their back, both figuratively and literally. either a group or a system. this keeps the consequences minimal and/or far-off in the future. the more the consequences/punishment are postponed, the more prevalent the crime.

    this is just how fucked-up the world is (pardon the pun). hell ****, I can shut up any pastor or priest with my 'rape argument.' and if Judaism has the similar source materials that I have studied before, I can possibly shut up rabbis as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Arm all female soldiers with handguns and pepper spray, and body cams, and know how to use them ?
    try spraying the president or shooting him, when he controls the media and various other agencies that can make your personal and professional life hell. and generals and other field-grade officers have connections as well. trying to mess with people using the rules is stupid when said people are the ones making the rules. either be one of those people making the rules or don't play the game at all.

  9. #229
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,267
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Damn man.

    Military rape statistics are so disheartening. The IDF ones are truly disgusting, but the US is pretty bad as well. I assume most country's are.

    Maybe they are right about not wanting women in the military, huh? Not because of any failing of the women, but because a significant number of the male sex cannot be trusted. The thought bums me out. How hard is it not to rape people? WTF guys?
    There was a pretty bad rape culture hidden in the British army twenty years ago or so, it obviously still happens but there's better routes for victims to follow and get out and for the rmp to make arrests. The horrible thing is a lot of the rapists were 'Queen Bee' Bull dykes who ran prison style rape systems.
    Ne Obliviscaris

  10. #230
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,332
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    He doesn't care because he isn't Jewish and he doesn't believe those things. See most people, when they don't believe in an ideology, they just go find the one they do believe in and practice it. Instead of just running around and crying about all the ones they don't believe in.



    If you don't like the religion, leave. That's all. You can do that, you know? You don't have to try to change the religions you disagree with. It's not going to work any way.



    So just to be clear, are you fighting for women's rights everywhere, in all things? Or just Jewish women's rights? Because that is all you are talking about. And you are pretty much the only one because that is really not what the thread was about. It was about this women's riot situation and her response. Then people wanted to know what the riot was about, and Michael has been very good to let us know what the political and religious mood is there on the ground.

    Then you, the way you normally do, started talking about your own issues which happen to be in a local area that is a different country all together. And you admittedly are in a different Synagogue with a different Rabbi who treats you the way you wan to be treated and allows your own flavor of religion. But yet, you keep arguing traditions of religions and people that you don't agree with. As if they should change to fit your opinion. That's never going to work, because they are just going to argue the exact same thing from the opposite side.

    This is not a black and white. This is not a logical debate. This is religion. Religion rarely has much to do with logic or even proof. You can't say that the old books are wrong. Because they are just the old books. You can't say the old rules are wrong, because they are just the old rules. All you can do is see if it fits with what you think or are willing to believe and then accept or move to the next thing.

    Seems to me you need to open a religious debate thread to go to a religious debate site. But just so you know, it's not going to get you anything and you won't prove anything because at the end the answer is going to be the same for all of them: Read our book and believe or don't.
    The above is why I now avoid discussing religion on the internet. Honestly if I can change your beliefs in a comment thread, you never really held your former beliefs. Further any beliefs I can instill via a comment thread are the shallow end of shallow. So in the end beyond informative discussions, I abstain from religious discussion as I don't find it useful or entertaining and thus it is only really a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So how many people here think that border guard could have fought off a determined attack by one of those guys? By two or three of them ?

    I admire her courage and attitude, but seriously, she didn't look like she was that competent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Nah, she would have been toast. She is lucky that no one really committed. Only way to go up against a mob is through superior numbers and weaponry. And even then it is tough. I've done it before, **** can go south really quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    yeah, it only worked out because the mob couldn't get their nuts up. Thank goodness they didn't though.
    A couple of observations. First she was using basic Israeli police crowd control techniques for a rowdy but not yet violent mob. She wasn't going full out on her attackers. The local Jerusalem Border Police learn BJJ and MT in addition to traditional KM, so they can definitely throw down. Finally if the mob had turned seriously violent and meant to do her real harm, yeah she would have been toast. So would any other unarmed fighter. I don't care if it was the greatest UFC champion of all time, sheer weight of numbers would have eventually brought them down. Hence riot police have armor, shields, weapons and back up, and at times still get seriously injured.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in