Page 2 of 27 First 12345612 ... Last
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i hate the fuckin' hasidem. i see them actively live up to every negative stereotype of jews, it's like they are *trying* to increase antisemitism.
    I don't entirely disagree with you, at least about certain sects. However, for some definitions. These aren't Chassidim per se, they are Chareidim, ultra-Orthodox Jews of both Chassidic and Non-Chassidic persuasion. In fact most of the anti-army stuff is being run by the non-Chassidic ones.

Second to that, of the 870,000 Chareidim(roughly) living in Jerusalem, only a very small minority are doing stuff like this. I think it is disgusting, and I am more than frustrated that while the majority don't agree with it, only an even smaller minority are counter this bullshit. However, in all honesty, blaming all Chareidim(and most especially Chassidim) for this is like blaming all White people in Virginia for Charlottesville.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Yes, that's right. If you're fighting off multiple attackers of the Hasidic sort, KM is your best bet. Check it out, here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crowd-bay.html
    LOL at dailyfail

Go for real journalism:
    Female Israeli soldier uses ninja moves on threatening crowd of ultra-Orthodox protesters

Ultra-Orthodox Jews protesting the military draft is nothing new in Israel, but a young woman using karate chops and kung-fu kicks to push back a crowd of angry young men might just be a first.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8cd9d6de32da
    Ninja moves, karate chops and kung-fu kicks. If do right no can defense.

Props to the lady, BTW.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say that constitutes a drink!

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I don't entirely disagree with you, at least about certain sects. However, for some definitions. These aren't Chassidim per se, they are Chareidim, ultra-Orthodox Jews of both Chassidic and Non-Chassidic persuasion. In fact most of the anti-army stuff is being run by the non-Chassidic ones.

Second to that, of the 870,000 Chareidim(roughly) living in Jerusalem, only a very small minority are doing stuff like this. I think it is disgusting, and I am more than frustrated that while the majority don't agree with it, only an even smaller minority are counter this bullshit. However, in all honesty, blaming all Chareidim(and most especially Chassidim) for this is like blaming all White people in Virginia for Charlottesville.
    to be clear, i am blaming these guys for what they are doing. i blame the individual ultra-orthodox that i see doing shitty things that increase antisemitism. for what it's worth i am in south williamsburg brooklyn around once a week and *every time* i see at least one ultra-orthodox acting the fool and making all jews look bad.

it starts to be hard to separate the individual cultists from the cult after a while. i think there should be several crackdowns on that community as the police have been giving them a wide berth for years due to political pressure (they vote as a block for whoever their rabbi tells them to) and fears of being labeled antisemetic. Bullshit. Hold these cultists accountable, arrest those in power who have been breaking the law, and if after the cleanup anyone still wants to have that community they can start over.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that little kid was going to strike her from behind at more than one point, the little fucker was constantly moving to her blind spot and advancing.

If that had been America our citizens would have lawfully discharged their firearm into those violent protesters or the driver of the car would have flattened them. Both the woman and the driver were obviously in life threatening danger. It must be terrifying having to live without Freedom.

I wonder if any of the men were charged with assault? Some sources say 60 people were arrested during the protests, but out of this group I wonder if any have to face consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another day of riots and protests today. Though I found this interesting:
    Meanwhile, a number of prominent rabbis came out against the "Jerusalem faction," which is a non-Hassidic group, with one rabbi even going as far as comparing the editor of the faction's paper to the Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels.
    read more: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.818637

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another one from that day

Article on the incident
    The Israeli police said that a preliminary investigation indicated that "the officer found himself inside a group of violent protesters that surrounded him and threw stones and objects at his patrol car, blocking its route, while they continue to close in on him in a threatening manner, cursing him and pushing the patrol car. At some point, the officer felt threatened and tried to get them to move away. Nonetheless, the officer was called in for clarifications."
    read more: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.817681

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Yes, that's right. If you're fighting off multiple attackers of the Hasidic sort, KM is your best bet. Check it out, here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crowd-bay.html
    Not to rain on your parade too much, but she isn't IDF. She is Israeli Border Police
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Border_Police

The shoulder tabs and green beret give her away.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Not to rain on your parade too much, but she isn't IDF. She is Israeli Border Police
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Border_Police

The shoulder tabs and green beret give her away.

Your input as a resident and authority in certain matters is much appreciated.
    Whenever I see a thread like this, I like knowing I can look forward to input like the above.

She does look kind of hot that said.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another article on the riots:
    https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...031462,00.html

"I have been sick to my stomach over recent harm to the sanctity of the Torah, which has been degraded to the very depths of hell by some empty and reckless (youths—ed)," Kanievsky wrote. "Woe to us that this is the case today."

In an editorial published by the newspaper Yated Ne'eman following Kanievsky's letter, the members of the Jerusalem Faction were called an "inflamed mob" and "public desecrators," who act as "street youth" and cast fear on the general public.

Page 2 of 27 First 12345612 ... Last