Page 17 of 27 First ... 7131415161718192021 ... Last
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The lesson was lost the first time, many years ago.

I've been telling wabbit to shut the **** up for years, in the same mind.
    That's why I never do. You want a pet so bad, you have to scoop up after it.

If I wanted lessons on proper behavior, I'd go to religious school.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It depends on how well they're fed. Some people are just really bad at caring for pets.
    Yeah, they tend to not poop at all if you don't feed them. But, if you feed them anything, they will ****, eat it, and **** again.

Source? In 2002, I had 3 rabbits - the last one passed in 2015. Or, you could ask something more sciency, like this:

Cecotropes, also called 'night feces' or 'soft feces,' are the material resulting from the fermentation of food in a part of the digestive system called the 'cecum.' Cecotropes are nutrient-rich and are passed out of the body, like feces, but are reingested by the animal so the nutrients can be absorbed. Cecotropes have twice the protein, and half of the fiber of the typical hard fecal pellet. They also contain high levels of vitamin K and the B vitamins.
    http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1799&aid=2932

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Yeah, they tend to not poop at all if you don't feed them. But, if you feed them anything, they will ****, eat it, and **** again.

Source? In 2002, I had 3 rabbits - the last one passed in 2015. Or, you could ask something more sciency, like this:

http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1799&aid=2932
    The things I've learned wasting time with y'all. One of my dogs eats crap. That and his affinity for skunks are his only faults. Licking his nonexistent balls are a sideshow.

Good thread derail. The rabbit vs rabbi was about played out.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    The things I've learned wasting time with y'all. One of my dogs eats crap. That and his affinity for skunks are his only faults. Licking his nonexistent balls are a sideshow.
    The whole universe can be summed up as a tongue and an itchy asshole. Yin and Yang. Religion, especially.

I like Mike Tzadok a lot, I'm just busting his balls because quite frankly, most everyone else is scared to really commit. Note how he quickly tried to split apart what Ming felt from what I felt, in order to marginalize his critics down to a manageable number (one).

It's like those cowardly, misogynistic Kohen attacking the Jewish woman and calling her a "whore" because she's not wearing the right clothes and doesn't know her proper place is at home, taking care of the man and his kindela.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Interesting thing about rabbits is that when they crap at night, they eat that **** all up.
    Fascinating, much like this wabbit.
    He eats up his own **** with vigor.

Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much like the scorpion who stings the frog carrying him across the river, Pship/ W Rabbit can't help it. It is his nature.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not an authority, my Rabbi is. So, I already have a pretty strong opinion on what a good Rabbi is.

The idea that I have to be a Rabbi to judge a Rabbi is absurd.
    This is really about the only think I don't like about what you have been saying. You are directly judging him as a Rabbi based on this internet posts. And keep saying you are a bad Rabbi. That's stupid in my opinion and makes it look more like you are just trolling for a reaction. And that's stupid too. Just my opinion.

It's pretty simple, people can believe whatever they want, but quite often religious beliefs translate into real world harm. You can see it in modern terrorism, the repression of women's rights, and Biblical terror...the subjugation of females to serve males as housewives slaves is a consistent theme in the Bible, regardless of modern day apologists who would have you believe women have always been treated as equals to men.

There's plenty of information out there on how hard women have struggled to free themselves from the bondage of male dominance established via orthodox religion. This isn't limited to Jewish women at all, but when you view anachronistic sects, it jumps out at you. Women have their roles, men have their roles, all wound together nicely by scriptures.

Bullshit.

You don't have to go very far to find crimes against humanity in every world religion. Spanish Inquisition jokes are funny today, but a few hundred years ago meant your ass if you didn't convert, and when they tried booting all the male Jews from Spain, it was the women who took over...even though women had historically been kept from being able to read the same books as men.

Remember that: you couldn't read certain books, because you have a vagina. This is still the case in many places today.

No...the Jewish people have a spotty human rights record according to their own history, and the advances made by Jewish women, particularly as soldiers...are as recent a phenomenon as they are in the United States.

I just read a really recent thread right here on Bullshido about women becoming US Marines and how bad it supposedly was for America, according to Marines. Same problem, same justifications for backwards thought.

How dare she fight on the front line!!! How dare she read the Torah!!! Yet the female Crypto-Jews of Spain kept up the fight, and here we are in the 21st century...female Israeli soldier is called a "Whore" by a group of self-righteous Hasidim. Don't apologize for them, support her.

All I wanted from Rabbi T was an admission: does he think women should be Rabbis? How much progress have women made in Hasidic communities with respect to having the same rights as men? He could have said yes or no, but instead he told me to go become a Rabbi before I could understand.
    This is a bit hypocritical as well. You start off by saying that people can believe whatever they want. Then you go on about how if they believe that women shouldn't be Rabbis, then it's bullshit and a violation of human rights and this and that. So, in fact you don't think people can believe what they want. If you really thought that, you wouldn't keep up with this line of questioning. Because in reality, their are lots of religions/denominations of religions that don't think that women should be preachers or rabbis or whatever. Matter of fact, some even believe that if you are a man and a preacher and get divorced, then you can no longer be a preacher. Or that if you have been divorced you are not eligible to be ordained as a preacher. And they get that from their scripture. So what? If you don't believe in that, move along and find something you do believe in. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post

Good thread derail. The rabbit vs rabbi was about played out.
    I've got a dog who loves to eat cat poop, especially with kitty litter on it and poopy baby diapers. My other dog doesn't like to eat poop but she will roll in it as soon as she possibly can after she gets a bath.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Buddha is burning in hell right next to Hitler and Satan.
    of the four nouns used in this statement only two are non-fiction.
    "Shut the **** up", is what Auslander would tell both of us, but at least I'd know exactly what he meant.
    Probably not. I choke priests and old people too.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's pretty simple, people can believe whatever they want, but quite often religious beliefs translate into real world harm. You can see it in modern terrorism, the repression of women's rights, and Biblical terror...
    If people can believe what they want, they can believe that the role of women is to stay in the kitchen, or that Jews should be exterminated. I don't agree that "people can believe what they want". My problem is what is exactly the limit where I have to stop to tell people what they have to believe.

Spanish Inquisition jokes are funny today, but a few hundred years ago meant your ass if you didn't convert, and when they tried booting all the male Jews from Spain, it was the women who took over...even though women had historically been kept from being able to read the same books as men.
    IIRC the Spanish inquisition specialized in catching converted Jews or Muslims that they believed they weren't really really converted, so even conversion could be not enough.
    To be fair, "reformed" Christians also mistreated Catholics a lot when they could, and for example Spain never had a witch hunt (and the inquisition generally dampened witch hunts created by "secular" princes, both Catholics and Reformed).

Remember that: you couldn't read certain books, because you have a vagina. This is still the case in many places today.
    Actually up to a short time ago (I think the 60s) if you were a "true" Catholic you couldn't read some books at all, as they were blacklisted.
    Also the Catholic Church forbade the translation of the Bible because people were not supposed to interpret it by themselves, and the very first "crusade" were the one against the Waldenses as Peter Wald had the good idea of translating it.

So uhmm... are we okay with my project of state atheism? Or maybe you are a theist so we should keep theists and agnostics in? I don't trust them fully though...

My view is that originally, in very ancient times, religions both worked as "law" and as moral principles.
    But in the modern world, the "law" part has been outsourced to (or snatched by) secular governments, and religion only survives as moral principles.
    In the modern world we can have "freedom of religion" (or "free religion in free state" which is the same) because the two parts have been divided, and thus religion is (now) a purely private matter.

This means that people have the right to hold any religious belief, as long as it stays private and doesn't attack the freedom and rights of others; so for example, if one has a religion that says that all black people are bad and should not hold public offices, this particular belief is not acceptable because it would attack the rights of blacks.
    But I don't see how an orthodox Jew not wanting you at his celebration is attacking any of your rights, so I think you are exaggerating.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going to always play armchair psychiatrist, you should dial down your hypocrisy.

You post pictures all day long of what you're eating. As much as it's appealing, it's the most self-centric thing to post on Bullshido. You fashion yourself our Anthony Bourdain.

"What shall I (literally) **** tomorrow" trumps "what will I **** on Bullshido today" in terms of narcissism.

How could I be a narcissist if I love you so much?

Page 17 of 27 First ... 7131415161718192021 ... Last