Style
    GJJ, Wrestling, Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wrestling in Columbus, OH

Hello.

I am brand new to this site and realize that this thread will be torn to shreds by trolls and I am completely ok with that.

I feel like I am a grappler at heart. I've done both wrestling and BJJ but I kind of lean towards the wrestling side. Would love to get back into it but my school days are far gone.

Does anyone know a place in Columbus, OH where a 37 year old man can take wrestling classes/instruction?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, boldeagle67. We have a couple of prominent members in that area, I'm sure they could lead you to something acceptable for your needs. Keep us updated on your trials and successes!

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, boldeagle67!

Just to get the trolling underway: have you always been gay, or did you discover that part of yourself through wrestling?

Just kidding... A real person will be along to assist you shortly, no doubt.

EDIT: Oops, I am a bad goblin, didn't realize this wasn't YMAS.
    Last edited by SneakyGoblin; 10/20/2017 5:17pm at . Reason: Trollshido-bound
    "I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scares away ghosts, creates for itself goblins--it wants to laugh." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    If you are getting scared and short of breathe remind/tell yourself ,"There's no where else in the whole world I choose to be tonight."

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL mild but good. Thank you for breaking me in.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this got moved to YMAS?

edit post for more breaking in comments, LOL!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't unsummon me BKR.

I ran all the way upstairs from the basement covered in sawdust just to get pa'shawed via edit.

Adult Wrestling in Columbus like for adults not ADULT wrestling... which is a thing both in Cinci and Columbus... but yeah. I am not coming up with anything straight up olympic or greco off the top of my head.

I am pretty sure there is a MMA gym in Columbus that teaches wrestling ... hold on let me see if I can find my notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The following gyms looked ok and seem to have wrestling either on the schedule or listed on the website. Not my fault if they are full of it and don't teach it. I haven't made it out to Columbus to spar or train so again this list is unvetted.
    Ronin Training Center
    http://www.ronintrainingcenter.com/

The Ohio Combat Sports Acadamy
    http://www.ohiocombatacademy.com/WBA...class-schedule

There are a couple other places but after looking them over again I am not even going to suggest them. Lots of lil kids and no no-gi or wrestling on the schedule. The Columbus Wrestling Club is for k-12 but they might be worth checking in with and dropping them an email and seeing what they can pull for you information wise.
    http://btscolumbus.com/contact.html
    Brian Church President/Executive Director
    614 496-6369
    bchurch(at)columbuswrestlingclub.org
    Sergei Kitaev Master Coach
    sergei74k2000(at)yahoo.com

Here is the Wrestling Place, looks like they adult classes but the website was made in 1938 here is the contact page
    http://mironwrestling.com/index.php?p=contact
    Team Miron Wrestling main page
    http://mironwrestling.com
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :) now were getting warmer!

Very diligent information, thank you BackFistMonkey.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boldeagle67 View Post
    :) now were getting warmer!

Very diligent information, thank you BackFistMonkey.
    Buy me a beer if you ever get to Cinci.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994