Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I highly recommend osoto gari, I use this a lot. I'm 6'3 and 250lbs, so similar body type and opponent composition. Yank them forward on the collar right before you move in.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    I highly recommend osoto gari, I use this a lot. I'm 6'3 and 250lbs, so similar body type and opponent composition. Yank them forward on the collar right before you move in.
    This works too.
    Keep in mind that o-soto gari and Harai Goshi are essentially the same throw executed in the opposite direction.

Since you mentioned doing footsweeps, I figured O-soto was already a part of your repertoire as it tends to be pretty taught early on.
    But do not neglect how effective it is.

Style
    FMA/SAMBO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love lifts against stiff arms. I get past them by driving in, reversing, then level change, ducking under the arm. In-out-under. Snatch a body lock, high crotch, whatever.

Alternatively, I also like to swim inside and over to get an overwrap against a stiff arm and close. With and over/under in tight, I can stick lateral drops at will. Always super fun, and good style points. Scares the **** out of other heavyweights too, as it'll toss them much more quickly than they are used to.

Page 2 of 2 First 12