Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cutting your weight ... and your life short.

"Scary Scene at MMA Weigh-In as Barely Conscious Fighter Is Carried onto Scale": http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Style
    Cardio
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****! I wonder how long they locked him in the sweat box for to get him in that state?
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Holy ****! I wonder how long they locked him in the sweat box for to get him in that state?
    His team should all be locked in a sweat box overnight for allowing this. Cutting in general can be dangerous, but this is inhumane.

In addition to making weight they should require a certified hydration measurement. A rule against showing up severely dehydrated would save lives. Khabib Nurmagomedov didn't even make it to his UFC weigh in this year...he went to the hospital instead.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/04/one-of-...ng-weight-cut/
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/10/2017 5:18pm at .

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus. I've been close to that point before too, never seen it from this side though. Made my wife cry to see me breathing hard as shaking from walking to the scale.

**** weight cutting is my motto now. Just get better.

Did this fight end up happening? No way this dude passed the pre fight medical check.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Jesus. I've been close to that point before too, never seen it from this side though. Made my wife cry to see me breathing hard as shaking from walking to the scale.

**** weight cutting is my motto now. Just get better.

Did this fight end up happening? No way this dude passed the pre fight medical check.
    He lost Sunday by decision...and lost 16 lbs in two fucking days.

The worst part is he is in total denial that his actions affected the fight in any way...he claims he was "100%" for the fight...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/...fight-pancrase

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    He lost Sunday by decision...and lost 16 lbs in two fucking days.

The worst part is he is in total denial that his actions affected the fight in any way...he claims he was "100%" for the fight...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/...fight-pancrase
    Meh, I've done that in one day. 20 over 3 days is my record. Starved myself for 48 hours, took laxatives, and did 2 hours on the sauna with the suit on.

I did not fight well. Had rough energy to throw 3 strikes per round, got standing 8 counted multiple times for not defending myself well. It's a good thing homie didn't hit very hard.

After the fight I threw up for the remainder of the fight card. **** same day weighins lol.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, I've done that in one day. 20 over 3 days is my record. Starved myself for 48 hours, took laxatives, and did 2 hours on the sauna with the suit on.

I did not fight well. Had rough energy to throw 3 strikes per round, got standing 8 counted multiple times for not defending myself well. It's a good thing homie didn't hit very hard.

After the fight I threw up for the remainder of the fight card. **** same day weighins lol.
    Obviously not your most brilliant moment on the weight cutting.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I can't even make a joke about this. I hope you fully recovered and didn't permanently damage anything...important.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I started competing I was in the heavyweight category. For one BJJ tournament I decided I was going to cut weight to under 200lbs. I came in at 199. My walk around weight at that time was 230-240 I cut about 20lbs in a week. I felt pretty good for the tournament, but was competing in my weight class and the heavy division. I made it past my first fight in the heavy division and missed the fight for my (new) weight class. I was pissed!! I raised hell and they let me get into the open weight class in the advanced division where I subsequently got destroyed.

I've never cut weight to drop a class after that, and won't again.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a BBC documentary about this earlier on in the year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04t3x61

Can't watch it at work but if I remember correctly the guy was so fucked after loosing weight there was no way he was going to win any fight

Page 1 of 3 123 Last