Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NEWS! Paladin Press is closing!

just made some time from my busy sched. dunno where to post this, but since this section gets traffic, here it is:

http://paladin-pressblog.com/2017/09...ss-is-closing/

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Press
    At the end of the year, Paladin Press will be going out of business. There will be no more books or videos sold after November 29, 2017. We are incredibly grateful to all of our amazing customers and authors for their continued loyalty and support over the decades. Please continue to check Paladin’s Facebook, Twitter, and website pages for more information about the closure and the deep discounts on our current inventory. But remember: supplies are limited. Buy these Paladin books and videos while you still can.
    everyone make sure to grab copies of those good and awful videos (i mean, not everything paladin press made works and is not bullshido), for the awesomeness and the lulz. we owe the future generations these records.

p.s. grab a copy of street sword for posterity!

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do not give money to people like Paladin Press. I suggest buying the book second hand.
    You did pick the right forum and thanks for the info, I would never have known they were calling it quits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it so terrible to give money to people who screwed over Ashida Kim and company?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Is it so terrible to give money to people who screwed over Ashida Kim and company?
    I missed the final verdict on the screwing over Ashida part, it got all complicated once it was shown most of the material was stolen from other sources or something.

I thought Paladin was mainly hell bent on screwing everyone over, specifically the customers seeking legit information?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ashida Kim vs Paladin Press is kinda like the special Olympics of lawsuits.
    King without a crown

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I better hurry over and get all the books and videos on my wish list:

Survival Poaching
    Extreme Wing Chun
    Qinna against the Knife
    All of the Kem- 'ba-tivz videos.
    Combat applications of the Tactical Tomahawk
    Urban Knife Warfare
    Silent Killing - Nazi Counters to Fairbairn-Sykes Techniques
    How to Fight Tough
    Gutter Fighting
    How to become a professional con artist

<facepalm>
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I better hurry over and get all the books and videos on my wish list:

Survival Poaching
    Extreme Wing Chun
    Qinna against the Knife
    All of the Kem- 'ba-tivz videos.
    Combat applications of the Tactical Tomahawk
    Urban Knife Warfare
    Silent Killing - Nazi Counters to Fairbairn-Sykes Techniques
    How to Fight Tough
    Gutter Fighting
    How to become a professional con artist

<facepalm>
    That Nazi one is hilariously bad. Like "a GI is stabbing you in the guts- bend over at the waist while doing an X block as you toe kick his shin with no hip action whatsoever".

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol. I could spend all day laughing at all the crazy bullshit on there. I'd like to know how much money they have actually made off all of that.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I thought Paladin was mainly hell bent on screwing everyone over, specifically the customers seeking legit information?
    Mainly, but maybe not completely. I was told once by an acquaintance (brother of a friend), who is a master bladesmith, that several of the best books on the subject of blade making were available through Paladin Press.

I always looked at Paladin as the P.T. Barnum of the publishing universe. They offered a side-show of "non-fictional" oddities, who's existence you would have never even known of. Most of the menagerie is obviously bullshit to all but the dimmest or most willfully ignorant. There are rare instances where something is exactly what it is presented to be, but the magnitude of implausability from everything that surrounds it causes you to not believe it. And, Paladin is quite content to not give a damn if you are a believer or not-as long as you pay the price of admission, you are free to make up your own mind.

I actually enjoy reading old Paladin books from time to time, in the same context that people enjoy professional wrestling and magic acts. Of course it's not real, but it's fun to suspend disbelief, laugh at the absurdity, or just reminisce of the adolescent naivety that allowed me to truly believe that those yellow pages contained the key to unlocking and mastering The Dark Art of Death.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly, I was reading an article on knife throwing last night that popped up from a survival website and the video linked to a paladin press video about how to throw a knife without putting a spin on it. Wasn't a bad video, haven't tried the technique because it was for throwing knives and I don't think it would work with what I use.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Page 1 of 3 123 Last