Page 42 of 48 First ... 32383940414243444546 ... Last
  1. #411
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,840
    Style
    BJJ
    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I'll bet bump-fire stocks will be the sacrificial lamb, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok so maybe one of you gun people can educate me here on the bullshit over these bump stocks. Every day on the news now it's "ban the bump stocks!!!!!". But what would keep some wackjob from making one themselves?? Would banning bump stocks actually do any good??
    Nope, banning bump stocks doesn't do anything except make a bunch of people feel good that they did something. It's low hanging fruit.

  2. #412
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,197
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok so maybe one of you gun people can educate me here on the bullshit over these bump stocks. Every day on the news now it's "ban the bump stocks!!!!!". But what would keep some wackjob from making one themselves?? Would banning bump stocks actually do any good??
    Banning bump stocks does one thing, and one thing only: make a black market for them. More have sold since the threat of a ban than sold probably for the previous year. Gunbroker pulled them off, but that doesn't matter because people are hocking them all over facebook.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  3. #413
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,496
    Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “You know, the NRA spends millions of dollars every year teaching safe and responsible gun ownership, and Hollywood makes billions promoting and glorifying gun violence. And then the same hypocrites come in and suggest that we’re to blame for this. So there needs to be an honest conversation about solutions that work, and one of those solutions is to make sure the Second Amendment is supported, protected, and that law-abiding good people have the ability to use and carry a gun for self-defense.”
    Source: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rdered-concert

    So Hollywood is to blame? What's next? Videogames?
    Last edited by DCS; 10/06/2017 12:28pm at .

  4. #414
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,622
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    “You know, the NRA spends millions of dollars every year teaching safe and responsible gun ownership, and Hollywood makes billions promoting and glorifying gun violence. And then the same hypocrites come in and suggest that we’re to blame for this. So there needs to be an honest conversation about solutions that work, and one of those solutions is to make sure the Second Amendment is supported, protected, and that law-abiding good people have the ability to use and carry a gun for self-defense.”
    Source: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rdered-concert

    So Hollywood is to blame? What's next? Videogames?
    Ok, but are they really wrong though?? It is a bit hypocritical to glorify violence and then complain about it when it really occurs. How many actors have been overly vocal about guns and yet owe their careers to violent movies??

  5. #415
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,840
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting anecdote as a lead-in to the article. Last time I stayed at Mandalay Bay, one of the guys on my team (staying in a different room) picked up a hooker and took her back to his room for the night. When they had finished their business, she lifted his key while he slept and left. The next night, when he returned to the room, guess who was there, enjoying "free" room service?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/la...nman-s-n808431

  6. #416
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,426
    Style
    xingyi
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    “You know, the NRA spends millions of dollars every year teaching safe and responsible gun ownership, and Hollywood makes billions promoting and glorifying gun violence. And then the same hypocrites come in and suggest that we’re to blame for this. So there needs to be an honest conversation about solutions that work, and one of those solutions is to make sure the Second Amendment is supported, protected, and that law-abiding good people have the ability to use and carry a gun for self-defense.”
    Source: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rdered-concert

    So Hollywood is to blame? What's next? Videogames?
    What's next? LOL. You need to keep up. Everything has been to blame from music, to movies, to books, to comics etc etc etc.

  7. #417
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    your ability to equivocate.

  8. #418
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok so maybe one of you gun people can educate me here on the bullshit over these bump stocks. Every day on the news now it's "ban the bump stocks!!!!!". But what would keep some wackjob from making one themselves?? Would banning bump stocks actually do any good??
    Based on what it is...I'm guessing that bump stocks or equivalent are really simple to jury-rig. The ones you can buy just happen to look fancy, and sturdy.

    As I understand the dynamics, it's basically just a simple tool that uses Newton's 3rd law. Press the trigger, and opposing forces keep the trigger pressing you until you're empty. You can probably pull off the same effects with all sorts of MacGyver work.

  9. #419
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Interesting anecdote as a lead-in to the article. Last time I stayed at Mandalay Bay, one of the guys on my team (staying in a different room) picked up a hooker and took her back to his room for the night. When they had finished their business, she lifted his key while he slept and left. The next night, when he returned to the room, guess who was there, enjoying "free" room service?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/la...nman-s-n808431
    If we find out Paddock enjoyed Vegas hookers, it will literally be the least interesting development of all. The news and conspiracy hounds will love it, because it'll go from hooker to kunoichi overnight.

  10. #420
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Banning bump stocks does one thing, and one thing only: make a black market for them. More have sold since the threat of a ban than sold probably for the previous year. Gunbroker pulled them off, but that doesn't matter because people are hocking them all over facebook.
    Now, where can I get a cheap machine that can spit out banned AR-15 parts with nothing but a CAD schematic and some plastic or metal...

Page 42 of 48 First ... 32383940414243444546 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in