Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    mt/bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do you deal with thirsty people trying to flirt with others in the gym?

Obviously, just try to pull them to the side and talk to them. lol.

I've been to a fair amount of gyms and usually this isn't a big deal (in my experience) but I just wonder how instructors would deal with it? I've dated a lady at my gym once a few years ago but it was so subtle and just came naturally.

I'm really talking about the type of people who uncomfortably try to flirt with someone of the opposite sex during or after training?

Anyone deal with this? this is mostly a gym owner issue but it could potentially make other gym mates uncomfortable.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    Obviously, just try to pull them to the side and talk to them. lol.

I've been to a fair amount of gyms and usually this isn't a big deal (in my experience) but I just wonder how instructors would deal with it? I've dated a lady at my gym once a few years ago but it was so subtle and just came naturally.

I'm really talking about the type of people who uncomfortably try to flirt with someone of the opposite sex during or after training?

Anyone deal with this? this is mostly a gym owner issue but it could potentially make other gym mates uncomfortable.
    Well, I tell people to socialize after class. But I don't run a commercial dojo, and have not really had problems with the issue.

I'd think it should be handled ahead of time with a written set of training guidelines that people have to agree to follow before they are allowed to train. If they don't, refund plus sayanora...

Coaching stuff in Judo, not supposed to date students. That's in more of a formal athlete-coach situation, as in competitive athlete training, part of the ethics code we sign when getting certified.

I can state from experience it's not a good idea to date students. I did it once and swore I'd never do it again. And I didn't, either.

Of course, I'm not exactly a chick magnet, now or back then, either....
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just install a fountain, or have some bottled water on hand to sell.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On that note, I guess I'm just not hip anymore, but what does 'thirsty' mean in this context?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    On that note, I guess I'm just not hip anymore, but what does 'thirsty' mean in this context?
    They pretend to be thirsty, and use that as an excuse to start a conversation?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    They pretend to be thirsty, and use that as an excuse to start a conversation?
    Hey, I'm thirsty. Do you want to go grab a drink? At my place? Naked?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I'm thirsty. Do you want to go grab a drink? At my place? Naked?
    I've got some coconut oil, er, I mean, water...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, I'm ____, I see you are sweating heavily, and I'm thirsty and in need of electrolytes, mind if I have a drink?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Public behavior during which one exhibits a desperate need for attention.
    Often misused to mean "mentally disabled person who is sexually aroused by Drake and the BackStreet Boys".
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Often misused to mean "mentally disabled person who is sexually aroused by Drake and the BackStreet Boys".
    Oh... that's me!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last