Page 5 of 17 First 12345678915 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    What hungryjoe said...

I'm glad that Congress passed and W signed a change to the law which allows me to stand and salute, rather than holding my hand over my heart.

I also recognize that NFL and the various clubs are businesses, and that NASCAR and the various racing teams are businesses. The business owners can set rules for their employees, and continued employment can be based on proper adherence to those rules. I understand that there's an NFL "games operations manual," which, while not yet spotted in the wild, allegedly sets a standard for players to be on the sidelines, facing the flag, standing, and holding their helmet in their left hand.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-o...ue-governance/
    (emphasis mine)
    This is actually the type of response I was waiting for. I actually agree with it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Right, he has prejudice against rednecks, and is bigoted towards them as well.

Whatever the heck a redneck is.

I mean, I have friends back east (Jews no less) who call me a redneck all the time. And I'm about as far from being racist as a white person can get, I, mean, other than the genetic per-disposition, which I have to fight tooth and claw every single minute of every day of my life.

All my fellow honkeys here will understand exactly what I mean.
    I don't think you qualify as a redneck, maybe a hick at best.

I'm not bigoted against rednecks, just racists. I can't help if if those two happen to overlap most of the time.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I don't think you qualify as a redneck, maybe a hick at best.

I'm not bigoted against rednecks, just racists. I can't help if if those two happen to overlap most of the time.
    So, you discriminate too...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is actually the type of response I was waiting for. I actually agree with it.
    Constructive criticism, along that vein: don't start threads sounding like you're auditioning for a lead page on Daily Kos.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'll wait for you to explain how Richard Petty, and people that dress like him, don't have empathy for minorities. That was the claim in your OP. Back it up. After all, it deserves its own thread, right?
    I would say their actions are all I need as examples to back up my words. Richard Petty has been very vocal about wanting to fire anyone who protests in this way. I would say that action speaks volumes to his empathy toward their cause and by way of proxy them.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Constructive criticism, along that vein: don't start threads sounding like you're auditioning for a lead page on Daily Kos.
    I don't know what that is.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping you would resort to the "i have black friends" argument. Now go ahead and tell me which of those two is more likely to be pulled over in their car??
    Well, ****, I reckon the white guy. Clearly they wouldn't be able to catch the black guy.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what that is.
    This was actually their lead story when you started this thread:
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ational-anthem

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was actually their lead story when you started this thread:
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ational-anthem
    It all boils down to Trump being willing to come down harder on Professional Athletes than he is on the Alt-Right after they murder people.
    I don't know what the **** BNet has been on about. Cause who really gives a **** about NASCAR? The NFL just had a huge ratings increase because Trump wanted people to boycott it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    It all boils down to Trump being willing to come down harder on Professional Athletes than he is on the Alt-Right after they murder people.
    I don't know what the **** BNet has been on about. Cause who really gives a **** about NASCAR? The NFL just had a huge ratings increase because Trump wanted people to boycott it.
    I was trying to come up with a way to get back to shiposting (on topic), and damned if you didn't do it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 5 of 17 First 12345678915 ... Last