Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Studied many. No current.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Glove Recomendations

Hey all!

I'm looking to buy some brand spanking new mma gloves. Open to any and all recomendations! I knew the Hayabusa Ikusa is very highly thought of and love the look of the new T3 glove. Anyone try the Ikusa or new T3?

Thanks!

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Glove Recommendation

Trying to get the best gloves I can possibly buy. Mainly trying to decide between the Hayabusa T3 or Venom Undisputed 2.0 but open to better suggestions.

Opinions?

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, Plushy. Please try to keep to one thread per topic, please. I've moved your duplicate question to here.

Thanks!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considerations on gloves:

1. Looks are for posers and pros with sponsorships. Don't choose a glove based on how cool it looks.
    2. Any rules in your specific art or competition that govern which gloves you can or cannot use. Train with the equipment you are required to use in competition.
    3. The Ikusa and Undisputed both have thumb guards. T3 has an open thumb, which is similar to what the current UFC-sanctioned gloves are, if I'm not mistaken.
    4. Wrist support. You don't want to sacrifice, here.
    5. Fit and comfort. Not everyone's hands are the same. When I was striking, I tended towards gloves with wider straps, because I have boney wrists.
    6. Ask your sparring partners and coaches what gloves they recommend, and see if they have a pair that you can try for a couple of rounds.
    7. OK, now you can worry about how cool they look.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Considerations on gloves:

1. Looks are for posers and pros with sponsorships. Don't choose a glove based on how cool it looks.
    2. Any rules in your specific art or competition that govern which gloves you can or cannot use. Train with the equipment you are required to use in competition.
    3. The Ikusa and Undisputed both have thumb guards. T3 has an open thumb, which is similar to what the current UFC-sanctioned gloves are, if I'm not mistaken.
    4. Wrist support. You don't want to sacrifice, here.
    5. Fit and comfort. Not everyone's hands are the same. When I was striking, I tended towards gloves with wider straps, because I have boney wrists.
    6. Ask your sparring partners and coaches what gloves they recommend, and see if they have a pair that you can try for a couple of rounds.
    7. OK, now you can worry about how cool they look.

If the T3 is closer to UFC sanctioned gloves we maybe I'll go with those. I know the new design is also supposed to give greater wrist support.

When figuring out what size glove to buy, do you wrap your hands before measuring the circumference? Without wraps I would be a small, but with wraps it would boost me into the range of a medium glove.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plushy2111 View Post
    If the T3 is closer to UFC sanctioned gloves we maybe I'll go with those. I know the new design is also supposed to give greater wrist support.

When figuring out what size glove to buy, do you wrap your hands before measuring the circumference? Without wraps I would be a small, but with wraps it would boost me into the range of a medium glove.
    Yes, you want gloves that fit with your wraps.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For high quality, broad range of colors and designs and reasonable price i would like to recommend MMA Gloves by Rdx Sports.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChampions View Post
    For high quality, broad range of colors and designs and reasonable price i would like to recommend MMA Gloves by Rdx Sports.
    Dude.

Do you think people aren't paying attention? What part of
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Post that link one more time and you are banned for spam you ignorant piece of ****. The only reason you aren't banned now is because I figured you were too stupid to know the rules when you started the other threads.

You have been warned officially.
    do you not get?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We will see you this weekend. I warned you nicely, rudely, with comedy, and now with with teeth. If you wish to advertise please do so through the proper channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a set of combat sports MMA gloves and they are dead sexy. Real leather and just feels well built.

I have ordered the sparring version. I will see how they go.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Page 1 of 2 12 Last