Page 9 of 11 First ... 567891011 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    That was your claim. That they want government out of manipulating business. Nothing of what you quoted below has anything to do with that.

I see you are good at cherry picking quotes that, given enough massaging and spin, can kind of fit what you want to say. However, you seem to miss some key points, for instance this

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Foxconn a tech company? Isn't the government investing 3billion partnering with said tech company? Now we are only talking the national, not the state, GOP platform.

I don't know about where these deals may have failed, but where they have worked was the Automotive industry bail out. It's why Ford isn't the only brand of US car made since 2009.
    Wasn't the republicans against the bailout though?? They sure liked to **** talk it during the Obama years.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    "Government cannot create prosperity, though government can limit or destroy it. Prosperity is the product of self-discipline, enterprise, saving and investment by individuals, but it is not an end in itself. Prosperity provides the means by which citizens and their families can maintain their independence from government, raise their children by their own values, practice their faith, and build communities of cooperation and mutual respect. It is also the foundation for our nation’s global leadership, for it is the vigor of our economy which makes possible our military strength and our national security".

Seems to go against the idea of the government giving 3 billion to create prosperity huh??

"Competitiveness equals jobs. That equation governs our policies regarding U.S. corporations in the global economy. Private investment is a key driver of economic growth and job creation. After falling dramatically during the recession, private investment has recovered at a disappointing pace due in part to high corporate tax rates and increasing regulatory burdens and uncertainty".

So what part of competitiveness equals 3 billion in incentives??

"We believe American companies should be headquartered in America. We should reduce barriers to accomplishing that goal".

Huh so where's this company located??

"A strong economy is one key to debt reduction, but spending restraint is a necessary component that must be vigorously pursued".

Huh so I guess spending is ok when it's a rich company??
    Foxconn is Taiwanese, not American, so what's your point? Foxconn operating here is not an impediment to an American company doing business here...

http://fortune.com/2017/08/11/wiscon...centives-vote/
    Walker has introduced a bill that would lay out $3 billion in tax breaks for Foxconn, including up to $1.5 billion in payroll tax credits and up to $1.35 billion in tax credits on expenditures for fixed assets such as land and buildings. Walker's campaign sent out an email Thursday promising Foxconn will bring "tens of thousands of jobs" to the state and asking people to sign a petition saying they support the company's arrival.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that's not even close to true, although pship does steal the mic a lot around here these days.
    I will admit you got us to talking about some important issues, and I find that entertaining.

Your stock price is going up now in this thread, although at lower rate than the GDP of Italy...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Huh, how about that? The Koch brothers are against the deal:
    https://americansforprosperity.org/a...ement-foxconn/

Does that pretty much destroy the thread?
    So AFP is secret SJW society for businesses, right?

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I don't think you know what hypocritical means.

Maybe you are looking for a different word?
    I think I do. Maybe I''m wrong.

The hypocrisy here is on both Parties. Bnet pointed out the R hypocrisy already. The D hypocrisy is them stating to be against 'corporate welfare', then going along with this plan which is corporate welfare.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Giving out 3 billion in incentives sure in hell is. Again republicans are fine with spending as long as it goes to the right people.
    You stock just fell a couple percent with that one...

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't the republicans against the bailout though?? They sure liked to **** talk it during the Obama years.
    Some were, some were not.

They aren't a group who all thinks exactly the same ya know.

Take W Bush, he was for them. Then you have Reps like the Pauls who were against them.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So AFP is secret SJW society for businesses, right?
    LOL, that's one way to put it.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://fortune.com/2017/08/11/wiscon...centives-vote/
    Walker has introduced a bill that would lay out $3 billion in tax breaks for Foxconn, including up to $1.5 billion in payroll tax credits and up to $1.35 billion in tax credits on expenditures for fixed assets such as land and buildings. Walker's campaign sent out an email Thursday promising Foxconn will bring "tens of thousands of jobs" to the state and asking people to sign a petition saying they support the company's arrival.
    Sounds alot like the deals Austin did. Lots of tax credits.

I will say they brought the promised jobs in the case of the Austin ones I'm familiar with. Each fab is several thousand jobs (both direct and support).

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I think I do. Maybe I''m wrong.

The hypocrisy here is on both Parties. Bnet pointed out the R hypocrisy already. The D hypocrisy is them stating to be against 'corporate welfare', then going along with this plan which is corporate welfare.
    Corporate welfare...

Well, the Dims sure as hell were for corporate welfare during the last financial crisis, weren't they?

To be fair, what is bandied about as "corporate welfare" has a lot of shades of gray involved.

Page 9 of 11 First ... 567891011 Last