Page 7 of 11 First ... 34567891011 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    So then you're ok with major tax dollars going to billionaires but not poor folks?? That kind of plan hasn't worked well for 99% of the country so far.
    Really, try another tack, this one is getting old. Your entertainment value is going down rapidly. Pretty soon you will be at golddust420 level...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Congratulations on your relative economic success, seriously. I'm sure the vast majority of Italians would like to have well paid, relatively secure employment.
    On the well paid I have some doubt, my brother and my sister are in a worse position.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Eh? I'm not a Republican. I'm an independent who votes for whichever candidate he believes will do the best job.

That aside, I haven't heard Republicans conflate free market and capitalism. Ron Paul does, and so does his son Rand, but they are both admittedly Libertarian who run on Republican ticket because they wouldn't get elected otherwise. Both are also really bad at history and poli-sci but that is a different story.
    That bears repeating...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You obviously didn't read it. They also want government out of the practice of manipulating businesses. Did you just outright skip that part?? Having the government not interfere with businesses has been a staple of their fucking platform. This deal goes against that principle.
    Quote it then. I'll wait.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    What exactly do they preach?
    The exact opposite of this shitty bill. They constantly preach about so called "big government".

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The exact opposite of this shitty bill. They constantly preach about so called "big government".
    You have yet to back up any of your claims with a single quote. Either provide proof or move on.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    This is much more sure and probably scarier than AGW or nuclear winter.
    Seems quite obvious as the long term goal to me.
    Slightly OT and cross-posting from the AGW thread...

If one were to do a bit of research on proposed "solutions" to AGW, one would find some pretty 'scary' government intervention schemes.

One could start with "Oreskes".

For an interesting take, try Larry Niven's The Descent of Anansi .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in doubt about the jobs created, but I guess we will wait and see if they appear or not. I have yet to hear about this sort of deal ever living up to its proposed positive outcome. In my opinion Walker is a dick if he signs this. Wisconsin has serious financial problems and wasting 3 billion on this pipe dream is despicable.
    It's in incentives, right, not cash? If it were in cash on barrelhead, yeah, not so good an idea, I doubt WI has 3 billion laying around to hand out...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Possibly so, but you can still bet on the savings being transferred in the form of bonuses to the CEO'S that's just what always happens. It hardly ever translates into the jobs everyone expects.
    Be more specific. You seem to know of deals like the WI one (or in similar veing) not panning out.

Give us some examples.

BTW, I'd be the last to say that all such deals are a good idea, well executed, or last forever. I know of a couple in my home town that started out well, but ended up crashing due to other economic factors. Those weren't billion dollar deals (originated in '80s), either.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Quote it then. I'll wait.
    "Government cannot create prosperity, though government can limit or destroy it. Prosperity is the product of self-discipline, enterprise, saving and investment by individuals, but it is not an end in itself. Prosperity provides the means by which citizens and their families can maintain their independence from government, raise their children by their own values, practice their faith, and build communities of cooperation and mutual respect. It is also the foundation for our nation’s global leadership, for it is the vigor of our economy which makes possible our military strength and our national security".

Seems to go against the idea of the government giving 3 billion to create prosperity huh??

"Competitiveness equals jobs. That equation governs our policies regarding U.S. corporations in the global economy. Private investment is a key driver of economic growth and job creation. After falling dramatically during the recession, private investment has recovered at a disappointing pace due in part to high corporate tax rates and increasing regulatory burdens and uncertainty".

So what part of competitiveness equals 3 billion in incentives??

"We believe American companies should be headquartered in America. We should reduce barriers to accomplishing that goal".

Huh so where's this company located??

"A strong economy is one key to debt reduction, but spending restraint is a necessary component that must be vigorously pursued".

Huh so I guess spending is ok when it's a rich company??

Page 7 of 11 First ... 34567891011 Last