Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    LOL, like I wrote, earlier, it exists just like social justice exists....

I support things on a case by case basis. I do support individual liberty/freedom and personal responsibility as a general rule, though.
    So then you're ok with major tax dollars going to billionaires but not poor folks?? That kind of plan hasn't worked well for 99% of the country so far.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Based on my experience they have to or they risk losing Foxxcon coming there.

Like I said, I see this alot. Companies will ask for incentives and then demand even more. They do this by threatening to pull out or saying another city/State has made a better offer in terms of incentives.

Again, it's alot like NFL owners shopping cities for stadium deals.

Whichever politicians give them the best incentives, they go there.

It's not right imo and I'm not defending it or the Wisconsin Republicans, but I'm simply telling you how the game is played.
    Ok, so you disagree with it then why defend it??

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Tell that to your candidates.
    Eh? I'm not a Republican. I'm an independent who votes for whichever candidate he believes will do the best job.

That aside, I haven't heard Republicans conflate free market and capitalism. Ron Paul does, and so does his son Rand, but they are both admittedly Libertarian who run on Republican ticket because they wouldn't get elected otherwise. Both are also really bad at history and poli-sci but that is a different story.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell that to your candidates.
    Eh? I'm not a Republican. I'm an independent who votes for whichever candidate he believes will do the best job.

That aside, I haven't heard Republicans conflate free market and capitalism. Ron Paul does, and so does his son Rand, but they are both admittedly Libertarian who run on Republican ticket because they wouldn't get elected otherwise. Both are also really bad at history and poli-sci but that is a different story.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so you disagree with it then why defend it??
    I'm not defending it.

I'm pointing out that there are some positives (such as jobs created), but I'm not defending the practice.

It's a form of crony capitalism, which I disagree with.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

https://www.gop.com/platform/restori...merican-dream/

I mean that does seem to go against the bill in Wisconsin.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    "Free market" ? Fella, you are way behind the times...

Just wait until the government intervenes in the economy to REALLY combat AGW, then we will see just how unfree markets are and have been for a long time.

Sounds like a good deal for Wisconsin to me, bringing jobs to the USA.

This is much more sure and probably scarier than AGW or nuclear winter.
    Seems quite obvious as the long term goal to me.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So then you're ok with major tax dollars going to billionaires but not poor folks?? That kind of plan hasn't worked well for 99% of the country so far.
    That's not how it works, at least from my experience.

There aren't huge checks written out to rich dudes to move companies in.

What they did in my industry were called incentives. For example, they might wave the property taxes on the land the fab is on. Or they cut deals for lower electricity prices (in Austin the city runs the electric company). This adds up to millions quick.

That kind of stuff. It's not huge checks or 'investment' like we saw with the auto bailouts or the Govt funding 'green' companies.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not defending it.

I'm pointing out that there are some positives (such as jobs created), but I'm not defending the practice.

It's a form of crony capitalism, which I disagree with.
    I'm in doubt about the jobs created, but I guess we will wait and see if they appear or not. I have yet to hear about this sort of deal ever living up to its proposed positive outcome. In my opinion Walker is a dick if he signs this. Wisconsin has serious financial problems and wasting 3 billion on this pipe dream is despicable.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not how it works, at least from my experience.

There aren't huge checks written out to rich dudes to move companies in.

What they did in my industry were called incentives. For example, they might wave the property taxes on the land the fab is on. Or they cut deals for lower electricity prices (in Austin the city runs the electric company). This adds up to millions quick.

That kind of stuff. It's not huge checks or 'investment' like we saw with the auto bailouts or the Govt funding 'green' companies.
    Possibly so, but you can still bet on the savings being transferred in the form of bonuses to the CEO'S that's just what always happens. It hardly ever translates into the jobs everyone expects.

Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last