Page 4 of 11 First 12345678 ... Last

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentially, the EU rules forbid the member states to give this sort of subsidies to industries, in order to avoid a "race to the bottom".
    This is possibly one of the reasons for Brexit, and one of the reasons UK will probably be shut off from the european market (as the UK government is promising "incentives" left and right, and the continentals dont want this kind of unfair competition).

The USA could probably place a ban on this kind of policies at a federal level, I suppose. Or maybe not, because of state's rights?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Sure can, invest that money in local communities instead. Why are republicans are ok with tax dollars going to rich CEO'S, but not the actual citizens which actually would benefit the state?? We both know the answer I just want you to admit it.
    Did you read the outline of the deal in your OP ?

REally, you are sucking wind this morning, maybe have another cup of coffee or snort of crank and try again.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The truth hurts, more or less, depending on one's grasp of reality.
    That is a reality we are extremely conscious of, trust me.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    The USA could probably place a ban on this kind of policies at a federal level, I suppose. Or maybe not, because of state's rights?
    Doubtful.

Not only is there the 10th Amendment, they use City funds when doing it on the city level. Like when Austin does this, they use money from the City of Austin as opposed to using Federal dollars.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Bullshit excuse. The republicans campaign on an idea they don't believe in or really want.

You support an economic plan that has been proven not to work over and over and yet you say I don't understand economics.
    LOL, like I wrote, earlier, it exists just like social justice exists....

I support things on a case by case basis. I do support individual liberty/freedom and personal responsibility as a general rule, though.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Incidentially, the EU rules forbid the member states to give this sort of subsidies to industries, in order to avoid a "race to the bottom".
    This is possibly one of the reasons for Brexit, and one of the reasons UK will probably be shut off from the european market (as the UK government is promising "incentives" left and right, and the continentals dont want this kind of unfair competition).

Define fair. I'm pretty sure that Greece isn't really feeling the love with its rising unemployment rates. Often it takes serious national investment to induce new industries to invest as well and thus new job markets to grow. Otherwise it is the lottery of your birth that is going to ultimately define whether or not you are in a viable job market.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Define fair. I'm pretty sure that Greece isn't really feeling the love with its rising unemployment rates. Often it takes serious national investment to induce new industries to invest as well and thus new job markets to grow.
    I totally agree. By unfair in this sentence I mean:
    1) All EU countries abide to some rules, some of which are supposed to limit "race to the bottom" behaviours where local governments give out goodies to business in order to invest in their own country (and not into neighbour's country).
    2) If the UK could trade inside the common market, but was not bound to these rules, it would steal jobs from other EU countries, who instead are bound by said rules. This is the "unfair" competition, meaning competition with different rules.
    3) Since the EU doesn't want a third country to write EU rules, it expect the UK to comply with EU rules if it wants to be part of the common market, that implies a substantial loss of sovereingity for the UK, the European Court of Justice ruling over the UK, etc., which most likely the UK will not accept.

In my opinion the story with Greece is different, I think many in the EU believed that Greece's policies were wrong and just went on to punish Greece. But in this case we are speaking of austerity in general VS stimulus in general, not of "race to the bottom" rules between different areas of the EU.

Otherwise it is the lottery of your birth that is going to ultimately define whether or not you are in a viable job market.
    I agree, but unless we have unlimited migration, which anyway has a big cost for the migrants, or governments that redirect investiment from rich to poorer areas (that requires governments of large states, because you don't want to redirect from east San Marino to west San Marino, but e.g. from London to greek periphery) we are already more or less stuck with it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Did you not read your article from OP?
    Apparently better than you did as it also says opponents of the bill are worried that the language of the agreement doesn't give any real guarantee that foxconn will actually abide by it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    You didn't do well in poli-sci 101 did you? Free Market and Capitalism are not synonyms.
    Tell that to your candidates.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Did you read the outline of the deal in your OP ?

REally, you are sucking wind this morning, maybe have another cup of coffee or snort of crank and try again.
    Yes I did, but again without any real guarantee it means jackshit. Also not really my point. Even if the deal is as a former Illinois governor put it "fucking golden" it's still not what the republicans preach when they bitch about use of tax dollars.

Page 4 of 11 First 12345678 ... Last