Page 3 of 11 First 1234567 ... Last
  1. #21
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,874
    Style
    BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Sure can, invest that money in local communities instead. Why are republicans are ok with tax dollars going to rich CEO'S, but not the actual citizens which actually would benefit the state?? We both know the answer I just want you to admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfa
    Foxconn could only get the full $3 billion if it invests $10 billion on the project and employs 13,000 workers.
    Did you not read your article from OP?

  2. #22
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,279
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm waiting for you to admit that the republicans don't actually care about capitalism.
    You didn't do well in poli-sci 101 did you? Free Market and Capitalism are not synonyms.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

  3. #23
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    None of this is addressing my original question. Why are the free market republicans supporting this??
    Based on my experience they have to or they risk losing Foxxcon coming there.

    Like I said, I see this alot. Companies will ask for incentives and then demand even more. They do this by threatening to pull out or saying another city/State has made a better offer in terms of incentives.

    Again, it's alot like NFL owners shopping cities for stadium deals.

    Whichever politicians give them the best incentives, they go there.

    It's not right imo and I'm not defending it or the Wisconsin Republicans, but I'm simply telling you how the game is played.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  4. #24
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    If it weren't for "incentives", and an not-so-free market, Mexico would have a lot more industrial/manufacturing plants than it already has, which is too many.
    Agreed.

    It has back end benefits that are beneficial to some, such as the workers who get the jobs. But at its heart it is a form of crony capitalism.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  5. #25
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    You didn't do well in poli-sci 101 did you? Free Market and Capitalism are not synonyms.
    He's more concerned with an R vs D argument here than discussing the financial aspects of this practice.

    He just won't accept both parties do this, and its hypocritical of both of them.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Read it and weep, our Eyetalian friend, read it and weep...


    https://tradingeconomics.com/italy/unemployment-rate
    Italy's seasonally adjusted jobless rate rose slightly to 11.3 percent in July 2017 from an upwardly revised 11.2 percent in June and above market expectations of 11.1 percent. The number of unemployed persons increased by 61 thousand from the previous month and employment went up by 59 thousand.

    There were 2.950 million unemployed people, 61 thousand more than in the previous month. Meantime, employment also rose by 59 thousand to 23.063 million and those detached from the labour force declined by 115 thousand to 13.317 million.

    Youth unemployment rate, measuring job-seekers between 15 and 24 years old, went up to 35.5 percent from a revised 35.2 percent in June.

    Italy's overall employment rate, on of the lowest in the Euro Area, edeged up to 58 percent in July from 57.9 percent in June.
    This is rather OT, however: basically Italy is in a long recession since 1992, because after it entered the euro area the government had to go in austerity mode (spending less than it taxes, aka primary surplus) to reduce overall debt.
    However:
    1) a continuous fall in inflation means that the debt burden becomes harder and harder to reduce; the relatively high real interst rates are such that, when you count interest payment, the debt is still mounting up;
    2) the effect of austerity is to increase unemployment and, as a consequence, to reduce GDP, that means that even if the government was paying back the debt the debt/GDP ratio wouldn't fall (it increases instead);
    3) point 2 applies also to private debt (banks) which causes a continuous banking crisis.

    On the plus side we are now a net exporter (basically because wages fell in relative terms so we import less).

    The stats you show are regarded as a success by the italian government, because in fact they are way better than at any point since 2007 to now. Surprisingly, most people don't agree much with the italian government.
    Take this as a cautionary tale against sound finance and the idea of solving the economic problems by reducing imports.

    This hasn't much to do with supposed socialism, though.

  7. #27
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,614
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm waiting for you to admit that the republicans don't actually care about capitalism.
    Confirmation bias on your part, no doubt.

    Your forte is logical fallacies, you tell me..
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #28
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,614
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Bullshit excuse. The republicans campaign on an idea they don't believe in or really want.

    You support an economic plan that has been proven not to work over and over and yet you say I don't understand economics.
    Now you seem to think I'm speaking for "Republicans"...

    I get it, when your carefully concocted scheme gets any attention whatsoever, you have to run with any attention you get.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #29
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,614
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    None of this is addressing my original question. Why are the free market republicans supporting this??
    Confirmation bias on your part, no doubt.

    Your forte is logical fallacies, you tell me..
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #30
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,614
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Now that's just mean.
    The truth hurts, more or less, depending on one's grasp of reality.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 3 of 11 First 1234567 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in