Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011
  1. #101
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    The bid has to be made fair so that also non italian automakers can partecipate.
    In some markets that are heavily subsidized, like agribusiness, there are quotas for the various european countries.
    This kind of quotas are always contentious, as farmers from each country believe that their own quota is too low, and blame the EU for this.
    Wait, so there are subsidies...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #102

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Wait, so there are subsidies...
    Yes, my problem isn't about subsidies per se, but with the "race to the bottom" effect.
    I assume that Foxconn wants to invest in the USA, and this subsidy just shifts the investiment from one place in the USA to another place in the USA, with the added effect of lowering the overall tax rate on capital.

    There are other problems with subsidies in general, but here what pisses me off is the "regulation shopping".

  4. #104
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Yes, my problem isn't about subsidies per se, but with the "race to the bottom" effect.
    I assume that Foxconn wants to invest in the USA, and this subsidy just shifts the investiment from one place in the USA to another place in the USA, with the added effect of lowering the overall tax rate on capital.

    There are other problems with subsidies in general, but here what pisses me off is the "regulation shopping".
    Not sure that "regulation shopping" is part of the deal with the Foxconn deal.

    I get what you mean, though. I don't think that "race to the bottom" in this type of incentive situation (Foxconn deal in Wisconsin).
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #105
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,868
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Not sure that "regulation shopping" is part of the deal with the Foxconn deal.

    I get what you mean, though. I don't think that "race to the bottom" in this type of incentive situation (Foxconn deal in Wisconsin).
    What I would believe is that Trump helped orchestrate this (Foxconn). He's held it up as a marquis part of MAGA. I'll be waiting to see how it turns out, in wake of the Carrier debacle.

  6. #106
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Ahhhh, shaddup!
    The beatnik banty rooster is the best one...

    I just had an epiphany, Pship often reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    321
    Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The beatnik banty rooster is the best one...

    I just had an epiphany, Pship often reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn...
    "Boy... I say, boy! Put down that long-head book and come learn something about social justice....justice, I say!"

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in