Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last
  1. #71

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in my parents' basement
    Posts
    837
    Style
    Koryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate you...

  2. #72
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    I hate you...
    What, you didn't notice, or maybe you were in denial?

    Probably for you know, slinging blood off of the blade...that authentic practice...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in my parents' basement
    Posts
    837
    Style
    Koryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, not listening, not listening!


    Truth be told, I don't like iai at all. It's like doing kihon/kata in karate: air punching, solo. Isn't getting caught off guard by someone wielding a sword, not a bit similar by getting caught off guard with your pants down?

  4. #74
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, not listening, not listening!


    Truth be told, I don't like iai at all. It's like doing kihon/kata in karate: air punching, solo. Isn't getting caught off guard by someone wielding a sword, not a bit similar by getting caught off guard with your pants down?
    Not if you are wearing magic pants...

    血振るい) he whispered...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in my parents' basement
    Posts
    837
    Style
    Koryu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When putting on hakama for the first time (I have no shame) I realised where the term 'magic pants' derived from: no one with diarrhoea with get the pants down in time!

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    160
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    Well I didn't think you really forgot it, just a shitty turn of phrase I used to underline something some people might not be sufficiently aware of. Never practiced HEMA stuff, only JSA. What's that 'strike to cover' in German?
    My German is terrible, so I won't even try to type it, but essentially the concept is that rather than waiting for an incoming attack you should launch an attack on such an angle that it both strikes your opponent and defends you from his blade at the same time. For example, if my opponent strikes a downward blow from right to left, attempting to cleave me in two, I can strike a similar downward blow to the center line of combat, creating a defense for my self and, depending upon our relative depths, threaten my opponent with either a cut or thrust in the same tempo.

    I will try and get a good video and link it tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by AcerTempest; 9/19/2017 4:36pm at .

  7. #77
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    When putting on hakama for the first time (I have no shame) I realised where the term 'magic pants' derived from: no one with diarrhoea with get the pants down in time!
    So they come with "magic diapers" ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So they come with "magic diapers" ?
    You're just envious because you're struck with 19th century Japanese fisherman's clothing.

  9. #79
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    You're just envious because you're struck with 19th century Japanese fisherman's clothing.
    No they were designed on underclothing...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in my parents' basement
    Posts
    837
    Style
    Koryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So not smelling of fish, but doodoo?

Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in