Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate you...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    I hate you...
    What, you didn't notice, or maybe you were in denial?

Probably for you know, slinging blood off of the blade...that authentic practice...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Koryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, not listening, not listening!

Truth be told, I don't like iai at all. It's like doing kihon/kata in karate: air punching, solo. Isn't getting caught off guard by someone wielding a sword, not a bit similar by getting caught off guard with your pants down?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, not listening, not listening!

Truth be told, I don't like iai at all. It's like doing kihon/kata in karate: air punching, solo. Isn't getting caught off guard by someone wielding a sword, not a bit similar by getting caught off guard with your pants down?
    Not if you are wearing magic pants...

血振るい) he whispered...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Koryu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When putting on hakama for the first time (I have no shame) I realised where the term 'magic pants' derived from: no one with diarrhoea with get the pants down in time!

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I didn't think you really forgot it, just a shitty turn of phrase I used to underline something some people might not be sufficiently aware of. Never practiced HEMA stuff, only JSA. What's that 'strike to cover' in German?
    My German is terrible, so I won't even try to type it, but essentially the concept is that rather than waiting for an incoming attack you should launch an attack on such an angle that it both strikes your opponent and defends you from his blade at the same time. For example, if my opponent strikes a downward blow from right to left, attempting to cleave me in two, I can strike a similar downward blow to the center line of combat, creating a defense for my self and, depending upon our relative depths, threaten my opponent with either a cut or thrust in the same tempo.

I will try and get a good video and link it tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by AcerTempest; 9/19/2017 4:36pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When putting on hakama for the first time (I have no shame) I realised where the term 'magic pants' derived from: no one with diarrhoea with get the pants down in time!
    So they come with "magic diapers" ?

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So they come with "magic diapers" ?
    You're just envious because you're struck with 19th century Japanese fisherman's clothing.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    You're just envious because you're struck with 19th century Japanese fisherman's clothing.
    No they were designed on underclothing...

Style
    Koryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So not smelling of fish, but doodoo?

Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last