Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthAssassin View Post
    Hello, i am new here and i wanted to post a video but i seem to have trouble doing so. Anyway, when I figure it out, the video I am supposed to post is about a guy on facebook who claims thatbhe learned how to use the katana in Shorin Ryu Karate. Question. Does karate (Shorin Ryu to be precise) teach students how to use the japanese sword?
    Im aware of styles often tagging weapons into the curriculum (taekwondo schools do this with escrima with silly results).

Theoretically they could but it wouldnt be standard curriculum

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another question, how do I post the video here for everybody's perusal? Can I upload it directly or do i need to upload it first somewhere else like youtube then paste the link here. The guy is really funny. Anyway, I do not practice the sword myself. But I know some guys who do legit koryu stuff. However, none of them unfortunately practices or have been a student of Shorin Ryu Karate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay... i figured i needed to post 5 times before i can post the link. Lol I figured i needed to upload it in youtube so that you guys can see it. ��

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthAssassin View Post
    Okay... i figured i needed to post 5 times before i can post the link. Lol I figured i needed to upload it in youtube so that you guys can see it. ��
    You copy a Youtube link then you put it inside of [/video] html tags [video]. Just put them in reverse order from what I did.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Im aware of styles often tagging weapons into the curriculum (taekwondo schools do this with escrima with silly results).

Theoretically they could but it wouldnt be standard curriculum
    It's a hold over of the ninja craze. Once upon a time it was good enough to be able to break boards and bricks with your bare hands and feet. That particular parlor trick was sufficiently impressive. Then the Ninja craze exploded and suddenly everyone had to know how to use a variety of anachronistic weapons.

Now if they actually taught good technique with any of those weapons I would be fine with it, as you know if there is some kind of apocalyptic event and we all wind up living in a low tech no fire arm culture, Into the Badlands style, then knowing how to use those weapons could be of great use in creating and defending your own Barony(or at least becoming a feared Clipper). However, they aren't even teaching good technique, more like bad Hollywood Ninja movie stuff. Heavy on flash short on substance.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golddust420 View Post
    Do you want to learn?
    Learn what? I am 100% sure most of our posters have a very high drive to continue their educations on a daily bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bummer i still could not paste the damned link.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you want to learn?
    Learn Shorin Ryu or learn Japanese sword arts? No, i'm not interested on practicing Shorin Ryu, but learning more about its curriculum and history would be the thing I would want to learn.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you want to learn?
    Learn what? Japanese sword work? If I had sufficient time and sufficient finances to do it, yeah sure I would. However, lacking that I'm gonna focus on things that are more readily relevant to modern society.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aryt, guys. Here he is. *drum roll

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqvhx1LAyhM

Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last