Page 19 of 19 First ... 91516171819

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    The labor union who called for the strike is related to ERC, one of the independentist parties formerly allied with Puigdemont's party.
    Thanks, I understand this, but the ERC is supposed to have much more votes than Puigdemont's party (PDeCAT if I understand correctly), so what are these guys striking for?

a) they are striking in protest against Madrid, regardless of the split between ERC and PDeCAT;

b) they are pissed off against the PDeCAT because they expected it to join the ERC from a minority position;

c) a show of force in a moment of apparent weakness;

d) some other issue that I don't understand.

The article makes it sound like there is a direct link between the lack of an alliance between the indipendentist parties and the strike, so (b) or something similar, but then the people interviewed are mostly pissed off by Madrid (that they would be regardless of the split) so I don't understand.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    a) they are striking in protest against Madrid, regardless of the split between ERC and PDeCAT;
    This is the main motivation.

b) they are pissed off against the PDeCAT because they expected it to join the ERC from a minority position;

c) a show of force in a moment of apparent weakness;

d) some other issue that I don't understand.

The article makes it sound like there is a direct link between the lack of an alliance between the indipendentist parties and the strike, so (b) or something similar, but then the people interviewed are mostly pissed off by Madrid (that they would be regardless of the split) so I don't understand.
    ERC is very pissed off against PDeCat, they feel betrayed by the half-assed unilateral declaration of independence, the under the table negotiations between Puigdemont and Madrid, PDeCat being corrupt as ****... there's a lot of **** going.

Basically ERC leader (in jail) vetoed any kind of alliance between pro-independence parties unless it included every pro-independence party from the right and the left (so ERC could be seen as the center) under ERC leadership. ERC does not want next december elections for they understand the people has already voted.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    This is the main motivation.

ERC is very pissed off against PDeCat, they feel betrayed by the half-assed unilateral declaration of independence, the under the table negotiations between Puigdemont and Madrid, PDeCat being corrupt as ****... there's a lot of **** going.

Basically ERC leader (in jail) vetoed any kind of alliance between pro-independence parties unless it included every pro-independence party from the right and the left (so ERC could be seen as the center) under ERC leadership. ERC does not want next december elections for they understand the people has already voted.
    Thanks!

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People are marching in the streets to free the "separatists". They chose wisely. Let's see what Spain decides.

Barcelona protest calls for release of jailed Catalan independence leaders
    Hundreds of thousands of independence supporters march through city after eight former Catalan government members jailed by Spanish high court

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ndence-leaders

I like how the conservative estimate against was 350K.

Police say 350,000 have protested against regional government’s separatist course, but organisers say 930,000 joined in: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nding-autonomy
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/12/2017 3:17am at .

Page 19 of 19 First ... 91516171819