Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisregardBiases View Post
    I am not Laren Grey, and he does not know or approve about anything I say, I speak only for myself. He has influenced me in many ways through his writing and by his example. I think he is an amazing person and extremely intelligent and capable in many areas. He has affected my thinking and made me realize that I was stuck in an "either or" loop of false equivalents and Aristotelian logic (which is a common problem in the western world). If you knew how many things he is working on at any time you would realize that he doesnt have the time or energy to post here as well. He has a very busy life and multiple careers and social media platforms. He doesnt do any forums as far as I know and Ive been following him on facebook, instagram and goodreads for a while now.
    I've looked over his list of self-published books...
    He appears to be one of those guys who puts out as much...stuff...as he can, hoping some of it will stick to keep up the cash flow.

It sounds like he has fed you quite the line as well. Gotch being the best ever wrestler/grappler ? By what criteria?

The whole big and strong thing is totally meh,you know, because there are tons of big and strong men and women out there. The biggest and strongest didn't get that way using Indian Clubs, either.

Ah, you've been following him...that explains it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Folkstyle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisregardBiases View Post
    In YOUR opinion. There are different variations of every technique. Thinking that everyone should do it YOUR way is closed minded an ignorant. You will never learn anything new that way.

A lot of people dont like modern competition formats, again there was never any tucking from a lighter less experienced opponent. It was an online callout and not in real life anyway.
    I backed away from questioning his wrestling and coaching legitimacy as there is no hard and fast standard for said legitimacy. Not sure what argument were getting into at this point, his technique and who he can defeat are irrelevant to his legitimacy as a wrestler and coach. He wrestles and he coaches, so he's not misrepresenting himself which is really the point of this thread and this forum.

That being said, I agree that there are different variations, but we cant call everything a variation or else no way would be wrong. If I teach a guillotine without trapping the legs, is that just another variation, or is it bad technique?

As far as the callout, we dont even really know that was actually him that criticized Rob Kahn in the first place. I personally believe that it was, but again, theres no proof of that so theres no point speculating on that either, at least not in the bullshido context. In my opinion, theyre not even in the same league, and Ive seen nothing from Laren that tells me he has any great skill or physical strength for that matter. He may be what you say, but in bullshido its all about tangible, verifiable facts as I found out the hard way. I came here with opinions and speculation and pretty much got shut down hard. But I learned from it and I realized it was my own ego that led me to question his legitimacy, because he pissed me off on youtube by deleting my comments which he has every right to do. To be honest, his lefty sjw rants also got on my nerves, which further ticked me off and made me want to question his legitimacy in the sport I consider my turf, which it really isnt.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboygrappler View Post
    I backed away from questioning his wrestling and coaching legitimacy as there is no hard and fast standard for said legitimacy. Not sure what argument were getting into at this point, his technique and who he can defeat are irrelevant to his legitimacy as a wrestler and coach. He wrestles and he coaches, so he's not misrepresenting himself which is really the point of this thread and this forum.

That being said, I agree that there are different variations, but we cant call everything a variation or else no way would be wrong. If I teach a guillotine without trapping the legs, is that just another variation, or is it bad technique?

As far as the callout, we dont even really know that was actually him that criticized Rob Kahn in the first place. I personally believe that it was, but again, theres no proof of that so theres no point speculating on that either, at least not in the bullshido context. In my opinion, theyre not even in the same league, and Ive seen nothing from Laren that tells me he has any great skill or physical strength for that matter. He may be what you say, but in bullshido its all about tangible, verifiable facts as I found out the hard way. I came here with opinions and speculation and pretty much got shut down hard. But I learned from it and I realized it was my own ego that led me to question his legitimacy, because he pissed me off on youtube by deleting my comments which he has every right to do. To be honest, his lefty sjw rants also got on my nerves, which further ticked me off and made me want to question his legitimacy in the sport I consider my turf, which it really isnt.
    If Laren Grey and his followers are going to claim he is a wrestling coach... I'm not going to argue. The world of wrestling, at least in the US, lives and breaths off people who while not great wrestlers themselves step up, follow a lesson plan, and teach fundamental wrestling. As there is neither money nor glory in it(unless they turn their team into a powerhouse) I think they deserve all the credit that they get for what is most often a selfless sacrifice so that a program can exist somewhere.

If they are going to come on here and start making BS claims about Laren Grey's greatness with nothing to back it up, then I will gladly push that door all the way open and really put this guy under a microscope. Terms like "world class" need to be backed up. You don't just throw those around.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345