Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking For Info on a White Crane Kung Fu Sifu

Hi Guys:
    First the reason I'm posting this is there are way to many frauds out there theses days. So if i'm going to pay for Instruction I want Quality Instruction. I am in my 50's and have been diagnosed with type2 diabetes and was forced to retire because of diabetic peripheral Neuropathy. I refuse and I mean refuse to allow this to kill me. I had heard that studies show tai chi can help neuropathy. I thought to myself if I'm not going to let it kill me I might as well learn to defend myself as well say with a southern style like wing Chun or even Fujian White Crane. I began to search a 35 mile radius of my city of Denham Spring's, La.

I found 2 the first is was a, Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang, who has been teaching, competing in, and researching Chinese martial arts (Wushu) for more than 30 years. His career began at age eight when he was selected from thousands of children to attend the Jiangsu Wushu Institute. At 17, he continued his study of Wushu culture and philosophy at Nanjing University and eventually joined its faculty. I went to talk to him about trying in Tai Chi, Qigong and Wing Chun which he just added to his curriculum of shaolin Kung fu. When I asked who his teacher was he said I should not ask that since he went to the university and learned from professionals and he majored in Wushu. That rose a red flag to me, maybe i'm wrong if I am can someone explain this university stuff first time i ever heard of it?
    http://www.taichiperson.com/index.html

The second is a mysterious one His name is Lou Illar of the White Crane Studios in Baton Rouge. This gentleman if you read his web site more accomplishment than I could even describe or list here but, the funny thing is no one has ever heard of him except locally. Seems to me with all his accomplishments national and internationally there would be someone to acknowledge his great accomplishments but for the life of me I can't find them. What set me off on this journey was when the wife and I went about a year ago to visit with him and when asked who was his teacher of his particular style? We my wife and I sat there and heard so many names it was hard to keep up in fact one I believe was his philosophy teacher in college. The end result was we left the White Crane Studio More confused than when we arrived.
    http://www.whitecranestudio.com/index.htm

If anyone has any info on either good or bad please share. Why am I doing this to protect people from frauds. Basically As Master Zhuang say's i'll let the professionals (YOU of Bullshido) decide. To tell you the truth I'm so frustrated with this going around in circles that about to wash my hands of Martial Arts completely so your my last hope.

Thanks and God Bless

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doing more research on Mr. Lou Illar on his web site under the tab About White Crane he list his Instructors: Paul Lin Ph.D., Kin Gee, Ngai Yoh Tong, Maung Gyi, PhD. Liu Yin Su, Gwa Gwe Hua, Chiang Ken, highest ranking. When doing a google search on these men I found a couple who are legends such as ngai yoh tong, but others not so much such as Maung Gyi, PhD. as a very good read on this man can be found here https://frederickfightclub.wordpress...dulent-gurkha/ . I'm not saying that this man did or did not train under these men but the trail that led me here is some what shady to me so buyer beware.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie M. View Post
    When I asked who his teacher was he said I should not ask that since he went to the university and learned from professionals and he majored in Wushu. That rose a red flag to me, maybe i'm wrong if I am can someone explain this university stuff first time i ever heard of it?
    http://www.taichiperson.com/index.html
    In China the Universities offer degrees in things such as traditional Chinese medicine, Accupuncture, and Wushu. The Jiangsu Wushu Institute from what I can tell is a highly respected organization and competitive team from the Jiangsu province. So he most likely didn't have one teacher but a slew of instructors as part of his training there. I don't really know how you could authenticate his diploma, as CMAs aren't my thing.

Oh and you probably posted this in the wrong subforum. Just be warned it is probably going to get moved.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry where should it go I am a new-be

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    In China the Universities offer degrees in things such as traditional Chinese medicine, Accupuncture, and Wushu. The Jiangsu Wushu Institute from what I can tell is a highly respected organization and competitive team from the Jiangsu province. So he most likely didn't have one teacher but a slew of instructors as part of his training there. I don't really know how you could authenticate his diploma, as CMAs aren't my thing.

Oh and you probably posted this in the wrong subforum. Just be warned it is probably going to get moved.
    Yep you are correct my Rabbi friend. Wrong forum.
    Moved from MABS ----------------> YMAS for visibility.

If the OP would like I can move it to the CMA (Chinese Martial Art) or (WTFE (whatthefuckever) forum it needs to go into) to archive it later.

Hopefully we can keep the noise down.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry where should it go I am a new-be
    You are fine and welcome to Bullshido.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes please place it where ever you feel it needs to be Thank you

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes please place it where ever you feel it needs to be Thank you
    That's what she said.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now thats funny

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow ok so with hundreds of different styles in Kung fu alone, your saying that they, those who attend this Jiangsu Wushu Institute is, say a grade school or high school for Wushu. Not a particular style but a mis mash of many different styles. When you graduate there you go to college (Nanjing University) and study a major interest such as Nan Quan or Chang quan and a minor in Tai chi. Basically picking the styles to study per semester till graduation. So to go on and really specialize in a specific system he would apply for graduate school for that system. So if i'm understanding this right this is a way to combine all kung fu into one system if you will, But what happens to the traditional way of kung fu where it takes a lifetime to master one system. I can see where this progress in times could be the end of the romantic and traditional way of learning. I hope this is not so for styles such as Wing Chun, Fujian White Crane and other's. Even the temples of Shaolin had many different styles and systems but in the end if you were a monk you may have dabbled in other styles but he specialized only in one for only one life is what he had. Also i must say that according to Master Zhuang's site he went on to become part of the faculty at Nanjing University where He worked on the effects of Taichi exercise on patients with Peripheral Neuropathy and Parkinson's disease.

Thank you for your fine explanation of the topic and must say a very interesting concept.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last