Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The Electoral College worked as designed is my point. The map illustrates one aspect of the data. There are others out there that show other aspects.
    Here are the other aspects of which you speak. Note how the perspective changes when the data is looked at with more granularity.

This was the actual electoral breakdown at the state level.

Here's the same map, distorted by state population to accurately reflect that some smaller states have larger populations and electoral votes than large, less dense ones. Note how the "split" is becoming more even to the eye.

This is the US map adjusted for both state population and electoral vote count, using a color gradient rather than just 2 colors to accurately reflect voting patterns.

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/08/2017 10:07pm at .

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I prefer it as hillbillie, I'm not sure why it just seems more hillbillyish?? My OCD sometimes overrides my spelling.
    "y" vs" ie" is an English vs. Scottish linguistic oddity...I think both are technically correct but vary based on linguistic context. Both are used with certain words to denote proximity with a noun or noun-based adjective, although the Scottish suffix tends to connotate something specifically smaller than other things ("a wee laddie is smaller than a lad").

I'll go out on a limb and say that technically "hillbillie" might be correct if you were to ask a Scot to spell it, otherwise it'd be seen as odd, if not technically wrong. "ie" can be used as the suffix of a singular noun for certain words, but in the US and Great Britain, "ie" would normally be followed by "s" and denote plurality.

I don't have a good source on that, going from the gut.

Page 2 of 2 First 12