Page 6 of 36 First ... 234567891016 ... Last
  1. #51
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,607
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Possibly true, but with no effort to try no gain will be made. A high percentage of people refuse to even admit the problem exists. Besides what other options are there?? Serious question.
    I don't think that a high percentage as you put it of people deny that the problem exists.

    I think that perhaps a significant percentage of people don't have enough time or energy or too busy trying to either survive or get by to think much about it.

    And most people lack the education for experience to even somehow conceived of the problem.

    So fear mongering tends to be the default method of trying to so-called educate people.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #52
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,607
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Because doing nothing when all life on earth hangs in the balance is a better plan?? Tell me do republicans supply the koolaid or do you bring your own??
    Hyperbole much?

    All of the life on Earth does not hang in the balance.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #53
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,607
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    So hopefully you can see my point. It does not take first world standards but the most basic improvements in education, birth control, and education to affect birth rates. The more advance the better the results. Education and healthcare seems to be the keys to most of the world's issues.
    I'm all for everyone having Better Health Care better nutrition and more education.

    However better educated people are the more they want the healthier they are the longer they live in the more kids they tend to have even with birth control.

    Even if you could magically limit everybody to only having two kids that still exponential growth of a population.

    I'm not trying to be a downer here just trying to be realistic.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    E=(mc)+(pc)

    You can't forget that we're on a giant spaceship, traveling in a relatively linear direction through space as the universe expands.
    You made the point about entropy, so you're fully aware of what happens now that the energy of water is increasing in the Earth's relatively sensitive ecosystem (NASA, 2017).

    We just saw the greatest rainfall from a hurricane record broken within days of the strongest Atlantic basin hurricane.

    It's funny how we love to predict the weather. People tune it nightly like it's the lottery.

    Now they're tuning in to find out which cities are about to be destroyed, on an almost weekly basis.

    Pruitt is too dangerous of an asshole to run the EPA. He's no Brock Long.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Where did the humans get this energy from?
    Coal and oil.

    I don't include natural gas because it's cleaner to burn and doesn't produce the same kind of waste, but generally, humans have moved energy from fossil fuels to the oceans.

    By heating the oceans, we're putting more water in the clouds as well as making storms that feed on warm water (e.g. hurricanes) stronger.

    I'd imagine the storms you live through are different from hurricanes...less wind but plenty of rain. Hawaii should be rainfall central but 120+ mph winds, not so much?
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/10/2017 1:11am at .

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Insert a link the way I do which by the way I do in the format that you suggested.
    Dude, I am not linking climate change science. You either trust NASA and the world's climate scientists or you get your info from elsewhere, what can I say.

    There is no peer reviewed science challenging scientific consensus. They did the work so I don't have to.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    It's not the time to discuss climate change!
    That time was 20-30 years ago, and I remember that when I was a kid this was in fact already discussed.
    Some 10 year ago was the time to do something.
    Now it's time to do something while tightening the seatbelts.
    Bullshit. The time to do anything is always now.

    We can always curb atmospheric pollution that helps contribute to a number of bad consequences.

    Seatbelts aren't going to help you when the land is under water. What will help us is warming the Earth at a lower rate than we are today (NASA, 2017).

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    The "we have to do something," argument is one of my favorites. It is all about making people feel good, and completely disregards the scientific method. Oh, the delicious irony.
    Delicious irony is how the climate change denial sphere doesn't even factor in the scientific method.

    They factor in what they read that day, or listened to on talk radio, and remain wholly unqualified to argue against climate science.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Hyperbole much?

    All of the life on Earth does not hang in the balance.
    How about life in America? The weather has the capability to destroy the entire country.

    I honestly read about remote effects of climate change and worry, but when I see the effects here at home I wonder why the **** anybody listens to deniers anymore. **** them.

    Oh right..they've got Rush Limbaugh on their side.

    How's this for hyperbole: you could fit TWO Hurricane Andrews inside one Hurricane Irma.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/10/2017 1:29am at .

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,177
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Possibly true, but with no effort to try no gain will be made. A high percentage of people refuse to even admit the problem exists. Besides what other options are there?? Serious question.
    The research regarding man made global climate change is often mis-presented,
    ignoring ethical standards for discussing the limitations of such research in detail when discussing potential or actual findings.
    In particular, people claiming to be scientific presenters who state that any of the man made global climate change research to date have included models that have reliable predictive ability in the real world beyond the most immediate timeframes are committing an ethical violation,
    unless they simply reference the band of variance that has occurred historically.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 9/10/2017 8:36am at .

Page 6 of 36 First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in