Page 3 of 36 First 123456713 ... Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not the time to discuss climate change!
    That time was 20-30 years ago, and I remember that when I was a kid this was in fact already discussed.
    Some 10 year ago was the time to do something.
    Now it's time to do something while tightening the seatbelts.

    @ChenPengFi
    So you post a graph that shows that europeans consume double the amount of the average earthling, the americans 4 times that, and the solution is for the non-european-or-american earthlings to reproduce less?

  2. #22
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,648
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Can I nominate that ^ for the dumbest post of the year?







    Here's your technological save:
    Well this is my nomination then. You're parroting the bullshit republican argument of "overpopulation so we might as well do nothing". Nope sorry fucker, but technology can help us. Switching to green energy can help us. Inventing new ways to to help clean our air and water can fucking help jackass.

  3. #23
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,606
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I was just paraphrasing NASA.
    Insert a link the way I do which by the way I do in the format that you suggested.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #24
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,606
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Insert a link the way I do which by the way I do in the format that you suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Those fires are influenced by climate change too.

    Did you see the picture of people golfing behind the Oregon fires? People just don't give a ****.

    This is not photoshopped:

    Yeah people don't give a s***. And I bet those guys are from Portland and probably don't have any property burning up in the Eagle Creek Fire either.

    People give a s*** about the fires. A large part of what you're seind is due to poor Forest management practices. Because you know people protesting about environmental damage caused by logging.

    I've driven through that very area Eagle Creek Multnomah Falls The Gorge three times in the last 3 years it's heavily forested and needed to be logged along time ago.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #25
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,606
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Insert a link the way I do which by the way I do in the format that you suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Where did the humans get this energy from?
    Are two main sources of energy on the planet throughout history of the solar system and the Earth .

    Solar energy and radiogenic energy from the decay of radioactive isotopes in the Earth.

    Hydrocarbon energy ultimately is energy from the sun because hydrocarbons are sourced as either plant material being Plankton or land plant material think coal or in some cases Natural Gas.

    I'm going to go help with housework and then go do some Jiu-Jitsu training have fun guys.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #26
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,538
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Can I nominate that ^ for the dumbest post of the year?


    The problem with the population graph, is that it is wrong. It assumes there is no improvement of standard of living in developing countries which should be a global focus. Education, increasing the standard of living, and the value of life all lead to population stabilization.



    Excellent video on the topic.
    I have posted it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  7. #27
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,410
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    It's not the time to discuss climate change!
    That time was 20-30 years ago, and I remember that when I was a kid this was in fact already discussed.
    Some 10 year ago was the time to do something.
    Now it's time to do something while tightening the seatbelts.

    @ChenPengFi
    So you post a graph that shows that europeans consume double the amount of the average earthling, the americans 4 times that, and the solution is for the non-european-or-american earthlings to reproduce less?
    Per capita energy use indicates a flat to upward trend.
    It shows no sign of going down despite all of our technological advances over the last half century.
    China peeking out on the bottom there is troubling in that regard too.
    Point is, the world at large is catching up, AND getting more populated.
    Even if population remained flat, one would expect an upward trend overall in energy consumption, due to increases in standard of living in *developing* countries.
    Therefore, it's fantasy to suggest a technological breakthrough would solve things, when there's nothing to suggest that';s the case, and in fact, technology is what's driving our consumption.

    It IS a too many people problem, not a lack of technology one.
    Just think of the wattage of a decent laptop.
    Those didn't even exist a few years ago, when that timeline started.
    Blenders are 3x(!) as powerful as they were then, and they don't last as long.
    That's our tech for you; despite energy star led lamps, people still want huge TVs and all sorts of hi powered electronics.

  8. #28
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,410
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The problem with the population graph, is that it is wrong. It assumes there is no improvement of standard of living in developing countries which should be a global focus. Education, increasing the standard of living, and the value of life all lead to population stabilization.



    Excellent video on the topic.
    I have posted it before.

    AFTER a long period of growth, and the end per capita consumption is much greater then too.
    That graph is probably correct, in that it only extrapolates a few years.
    One would expect it to flatten off at some point, but not nearly in that timeframe I argue.
    You're suggesting everyone will be up to first world conditions and mental states by 2050, LOL...

  9. #29
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,538
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    AFTER a long period of growth, and the end per capita consumption is much greater then too.
    That graph is probably correct, in that it only extrapolates a few years.
    One would expect it to flatten off at some point, but not nearly in that timeframe I argue.
    You're suggesting everyone will be up to first world conditions and mental states by 2050, LOL...
    No I am not. I made no such claims.

    You didn't watch the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  10. #30
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,410
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    No I am not. I made no such claims.

    You didn't watch the video.

    It's implicit in saying that graph is wrong, based on that video.

Page 3 of 36 First 123456713 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in