Page 17 of 36 First ... 713141516171819202127 ... Last
  1. #161
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,431
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    CO2 problem caused by...

    Then there is that black carbon stuff...

    CO2 is fine for the environment itself.
    The (remaining) plants really appreciate it!

  2. #162

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    CO2 is fine for the environment itself.
    The (remaining) plants really appreciate it!
    Yes, the remaining plants that survive after excess CO2 and other greenhouse gases warm the planet enough for most other plants (people? cats? dogs? cows?) to drown or get annihilated by extreme weather events.

    I knew you were one of the smartest idiots on the site, but I wasn't aware of just how fine of a brush you comb the bullshit with.

    You just won the shaka sneak attack GIF!


  3. #163
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,786
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    CO2 is fine for the environment itself.
    The (remaining) plants really appreciate it!
    Yes indeed...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #164

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trump, speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday after touring damage from Hurricane Irma on Florida's west coast, said "we've had bigger storms than this" when asked about climate change.
    "If you go back into the 1930s and the 1940s, and you take a look, we've had storms over the years that have been bigger than this," Trump said. "If you go back into the teens, you'll see storms that were as big or bigger. So we did have two horrific storms, epic storms, but if you go back into the '30s and '40s, and you go back into the teens, you'll see storms that were very similar and even bigger, OK?"
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/politi...nes/index.html

    He's full of ****.

    There's never been a bigger storm in the Atlantic Basin, ever. And two Cat 4+ storms have never made landfall in the continental US in a single year.

    No clothes, the emperor has.

  5. #165
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,786
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trump is like a huge parody o our system.

    He is concentrated irony.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #166

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Trump is like a huge parody o our system.

    He is concentrated irony.
    How about Harrison Ford AKA Han Solo?

    He doesn't kiss and tell, nor does he wait around for slow pokes.

    Love the planet, or leave it. What a scoundrel..

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/entert...her/index.html

  7. #167

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,179
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I wish. If I could have a dream about a way to overcome the mechanical issues with horizontal wind generation it would be very lucrative. At this time the downsides are reduced efficiency and destructive high winds. They are much more attractive and have the ability to generate, dependent upon design, at lower wind speeds typical with reduced height.

    to add

    We had a chance to possibly have this issue as last years engineering project for Oklahoma State University. The customer didn't want to go that route because he has little faith in numbers, engineers, etc. and prefers to experiment through prototyping. That was fine when his product was remote control technology. He didn't want to face the complexity of the physics involved with regard to design, efficiency and stability at extremes. You can dump wind in the portion of rotation needed to improve efficiency but it requires more moving parts, maintenance and service. Then again there's the high wind issue. I've shelved my participation on the project for now.

    Waiting on that dream......

    Bnet will call it quitting.
    I fat fingered this and meant to upvote.

  8. #168
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,786
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    How about Harrison Ford AKA Han Solo?

    He doesn't kiss and tell, nor does he wait around for slow pokes.

    Love the planet, or leave it. What a scoundrel..

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/entert...her/index.html
    I'm not sure what you are getting at, however, that was pretty classy of Ford.

    I'm sure he's not proud of cheating on his then-wife either, which might have something to do with his reticence.

    However, I can see how a 19 year old Carrie Fisher would have been pretty damned tempting.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #169
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,431
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Yes, the remaining plants that survive after excess CO2 and other greenhouse gases warm the planet enough for most other plants (people? cats? dogs? cows?) to drown or get annihilated by extreme weather events.

    I knew you were one of the smartest idiots on the site, but I wasn't aware of just how fine of a brush you comb the bullshit with.

    You just won the shaka sneak attack GIF!


    You should go sit down.

  10. #170
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,786
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anywho, BOT, major reliance (as in "decarbonizing the economy") on renewable energy (wind, solar, hydro, although enviros don't really like hydro) will require an integrated power grid, probably for all of North America (Canada, USA, and Mexico), major government intervention in the economy (in form of carbon tax).

    The integrated grid is a huge undertaking by itself. We can imagine the screams of commiesocialismdictatorship I'm sure...

    Also, fascinating history regarding municipal generation of power versus private in early 20th century and on...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 17 of 36 First ... 713141516171819202127 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in