Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slow down there, dude was using the wrong cable until yesterday. Baby steps.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a lot of moving parts, here...

Current version of ASIO4ALL seems borked on my Win10 box, so I axed it. Looks like the ASIO stuff from VB-Audio is working, though. I just installed their Banana package. And Jack. I put Reaper on, too. I'll be playing with these a bunch, tonight. Recording, playing back, ad nauseum. My new hobby :)

What do you guys think of moving to a quality USB mic, and network streaming that to my other devices?

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    There are a lot of moving parts, here...

Current version of ASIO4ALL seems borked on my Win10 box, so I axed it. Looks like the ASIO stuff from VB-Audio is working, though. I just installed their Banana package. And Jack. I put Reaper on, too. I'll be playing with these a bunch, tonight. Recording, playing back, ad nauseum. My new hobby :)

What do you guys think of moving to a quality USB mic, and network streaming that to my other devices?
    Reaper is gokd stuff, it will be tough to get started without some DAW experience, I'm sure there are walkthroughs though.

I'm not a huge fan of USB mikes, especially if you already have an interface. You lose the ability to upgrade any one component (mike, preamp, converter) and they are all packaged to hit a price point.

DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Reaper is gokd stuff, it will be tough to get started without some DAW experience, I'm sure there are walkthroughs though.
    I used Cakewalk a lot in the late 90's, and played around with Protools a bit, too. It's not at all daunting, just have to learn the new layouts and lingo.

Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of USB mikes, especially if you already have an interface. You lose the ability to upgrade any one component (mike, preamp, converter) and they are all packaged to hit a price point.
    Makes sense. Now that I have the cabling issue more or less resolved, let's see what I can get done with fx this weekend, then I'll look at adding a proper mic to the kit.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's my current pipeline. ReaFIR is a godsend. Now, I want to experiment with bumping up my lows a bit, my voice is naturally tinny.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (edit for deleting the dup)
    (edit moar)
    So I'm getting in the 4 to 7 db range on the compression, I read that's a good range. You'll notice that I cranked the wet way up on the EQ and put that early in the stack. Shitty mic, I guess, is to blame. I have a lot of bg noise, which FIR eliminated. Now, I just need to finish remodeling my office so I can get some furniture, books, wall hangings, etc to trap all the echo I have in here. Funny how the human ear is oblivious, but the mic sure makes it sound like I'm yodeling in the Grand Canyon.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shure 58's - skip up to about 1:46 for the hammer test.

I'm going to demo the PG and Beta at a local music store, tomorrow. Chances are I'm walking out with one of them.

Somewhere between a baguettte and a croissant
    Style
    Yoseikan Budo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta say the Beta 58 sounded the better to my ears even though it sounds like it has a scooped midrange. Weirdly enough, it is also the most expensive. The PG 58 had a lot of plausives and sounded dull, I would skip on that, although the price is appealing. The SM58 sounded a bit nose-y because of the focused midrange but this can be fixed with eq

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, if you're going to live or die on the $10 or whatever, the 57 and 58 are the same mike. The ball/windscreen on the 58 doesn't do much sonically other than keeping the source off the diaphragm and limit the proximity effect. If you're using a pop filter, you'll probably never notice a difference.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never made it to the music store. I had some Amazon freebies, so after watching a bunch of youtube vids and reading a bunch of "best podcasting mic" type reviews, I got myself a Neewer NW800 for basically free.

Wow. What a difference. Yeah, I know this is bottom shelf mic. Still, it blows away quality of the other ones. I've got it dialed in and set up on an desk-mount boom, so it's out of my line of sight. Gate is dialed in. I upped the attack to 100ms and threshold is at -14dB. Next is compressor, 2:1 and -12dB. Last in the stack is a 3-band eq - 80 at 6dB, 2500 at 6dB, 12000 at 0dB. Sounds good. I'll keep tweaking it, but this is a million times better than what I had. Thanks to everyone in the thread.

Page 3 of 3 First 123