Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Voter ID - must have valid PosterID to post here

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Again, your opinion. Some places wherein open dialog is to be had between persons of differing viewpoints-

http://www.bridgealliance.us/ourmembers

found through

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/art...together_again
    Ummm...just no. Actions speak for themselves. I will give just one example in the so called voter ID laws which were clearly orchestrated to keep minorities from voting. Again this is just ONE example of how the republicans act toward minorities. It's not opinion at this point, it's demonstrated fact.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ummm...just no. Actions speak for themselves. I will give just one example in the so called voter ID laws which were clearly orchestrated to keep minorities from voting. Again this is just ONE example of how the republicans act toward minorities. It's not opinion at this point, it's demonstrated fact.
    Wow, I didn't realize the Republicans controlled Virginia or Wisconsin.
    (edit) whoops, my bad

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are voter ID laws targeting minorities? You say they are "clearly orchestrated" so this should be no problem for you to explain. With facts, not your ubiquitous biased opinion.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize the Republicans controlled Virginia or Wisconsin.
    (edit) whoops, my bad
    The Governor in Wisconsin is the worst. I would take Trump over him.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 9/07/2017 12:44pm at .

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have to present IDs to buy firearms.

So are those law requiring IDs to buy firearms orchestrated by a bunch of racists trying to keep people of color from owning firearms?
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    We have to present IDs to buy firearms.

So are those law requiring IDs to buy firearms orchestrated by a bunch of racists trying to keep people of color from owning firearms?

Are you familiar with the Black Panthers?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Why are voter ID laws targeting minorities? You say they are "clearly orchestrated" so this should be no problem for you to explain. With facts, not your ubiquitous biased opinion.
    You can clearly and easily Google that bullshit yourself. It's old news and has already been proven to death.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can clearly and easily Google that bullshit yourself. It's old news and has already been proven to death.
    No, it hasn't and you don't have a clue. Sound bites do not an issue make.

God, you're lazy too.

Why would the requirement for a voter ID represent an effort to suppress minority voting? Your thought on the matter. Note I did not request plural, as in more than one, thought. We'll ease into this dialog thingy so as you don't feel too pressured and quit.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It's the opinion of multiple federal judges that it was meant specifically to disenfranchise black voters.
    Why would requiring an ID disenfranchise black voters? Honest question, I know this has been done to death, but I feel this audience can really benefit from this discussion.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It's the opinion of multiple federal judges that it was meant specifically to disenfranchise black voters.
    And with others, not. This one will head to the Supreme Court to have it's day I think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.19dd25789bc8

A federal appeals court Tuesday upheld Virginia’s voting rules requiring residents to present photo identification to cast ballots.

The 3-to-0 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit comes only months after a different panel of judges in the Richmond-based court threw out North Carolina’s far-reaching election restrictions, finding its state legislators had intentionally made it harder for minorities to vote.

In the Virginia case, the appeals court sided with attorneys for Virginia election officials who said the state’s requirement for in-person­ voting is far more flexible than election measures in other states and was not designed to discriminate.
    more in the article.

We have it here in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/article/5514260

More than 74.3 percent of Oklahoma voters approved the state's voter identification law when it was placed on the ballot in November 2010.

More than 30 states have laws requesting or requiring voters to show some form of identification at the polls, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Courts have struck down some of those laws, while others have been upheld.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last