Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Those examples of ogoshi are looking an awful lot like they are being lifted. Are you saying they should be more tripped over their hip by your hip?
    By lifting, I mean using lift as part of the entry. Picking up uke to throw them, the classic **** up when doing O Goshi.

Like I wrote a bit earlier, sure, there is a small amount of "lift" involved, but it's the timing of the lift that matters.

What you typically see in a static O Goshi is tori turning into uke, grabbing uke around the waist, lifting uke, then rotating uke over.

That's what I'm writing about, plus variations on that theme.

***edit**

And correct, you can just roll uke over your hip..O Goshi is sometimes called "hip roll throw". Which is primarily what you see in the video I posted for O Goshi.
    Last edited by BKR; 9/08/2017 11:30am at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Belt? who needs to grab belt when love handles are available.
    Now we know why you do jiu jitsu...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    By lifting, I mean using lift as part of the entry. Picking up uke to throw them, the classic **** up when doing O Goshi.

Like I wrote a bit earlier, sure, there is a small amount of "lift" involved, but it's the timing of the lift that matters.

What you typically see in a static O Goshi is tori turning into uke, grabbing uke around the waist, lifting uke, then rotating uke over.

That's what I'm writing about, plus variations on that theme.

***edit**

And correct, you can just roll uke over your hip..O Goshi is sometimes called "hip roll throw". Which is primarily what you see in the video I posted for O Goshi.
    OK, here is a BKR approved, POLISH (so it must be right, correct, Rayce) O Goshi video to illustrate how I think O Goshi in it's pure form should be done, more or less.

The utoobz channel ABC Judo has decent videos. I haven't watched all of them, but what I have watched are quite good.
    I looked at the ukemi one, well...ok, but mistakes in some. LOL, the mae ukemi looks pretty good, better than the video MisterMr posted, plus application.

What happens is that when they slow **** down, it's harder, and mistakes are made. Then they start moving and using natural movement, and it all smooths out and is fine.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmM...ZRl8-UfXtm8LsA

Plus, it's Polish !

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567