Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anybody have experience with the Ruger Super Redhawk Standard 5502 9.5″ Barrel 44mag?

Anybody have experience with the Ruger Super Redhawk Standard 5502 9.5″ Barrel in 44mag?
    For handgun hunting of pigs from a groundblind?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Anybody have experience with the Ruger Super Redhawk Standard 5502 9.5″ Barrel in 44mag?
    For handgun hunting of pigs from a groundblind?
    I have a ruger Blackhawk 7.5 inch .44 mag. I love it it.

I have a ruger super Redhawk 7.5 in .454 mag. and I love that even more. The scope rings the supers come with are great. They hold zero great. If I could only own two guns it would be a shotgun and my .454. I absolutely love it. The Super Redhawks have great triggers, they are crazy strong and they are sexxxy.
    I am not as fond of the 9.5 barrels. I feel like they get too heavy after shooting for a bit. However If I found one for cheap I would buy it.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it you want the super Redhawk and not the standard Redhawk? Even with hot loads the regular Redhawk is sufficiently strong enough to handle it. For .44 the extended frame is overkill.

Style
    JamBoxer
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I for a brief time had a Blackhawk, Ren and Super Redhawk. I have not hunted hog with the super red but it is indeed possible. I personally prefer my model 29 .44mag for hand gun hunting.